Coincidence? Obama Makes Surprise Visit to Hawaii 48 Hours Before Judge Blocks Trump Travel Ban

March 17, 2017

Today’s post could be viewed as a continuation of yesterday’s blog post.  I encourage all to read this!  I doubt that it will be reported in the liberal media of mass deception!

The post you are about to read will be a tremendous help in understanding what is REALLY going on with certain 0bummer judicial appointees in regards to blocking President Trump’s LEGAL travel ban.

Perhaps it would have been easier just to re-blog the post over at tomfernandez28’s blog, but I really didn’t want that huge photo of 0bummer displayed here.

Tomfernandez28 blog: COINCIDENCE? OBAMA MAKES SURPRISE VISIT TO HAWAII 48 HOURS BEFORE JUDGE BLOCKS TRUMP TRAVEL BAN.

Excerpt:

A ruling by a federal judge in Hawaii that blocked President Donald Trump’s travel ban was announced less than 48 hours after Barack Obama made a surprise visit to Honolulu, leading some to speculate that the former president may have schemed with the judge he originally appointed.

Hours before Trump’s travel ban on individuals from six Muslim countries was set to go into effect yesterday, US District Court Judge Derrick Watson, who presides in Honolulu, slapped down the policy, citing Trump’s comments on Muslims during the presidential campaign as part of his reason for blocking the ban.

Watson was nominated by Obama to the position in November 2012, having graduated from Harvard law school in the same year as Obama.

As the Honolulu Star reported, Obama “made an unannounced return to Hawaii Monday,”just three months after his last official holiday visit as president, arriving with a small entourage that included a Secret Service detail.

Eagle-eyed Reddit users noted that Obama had dinner at the Noi Thai restaurant, which is just minutes away from the courthouse and that Obama was, “likely within 5 minutes of the judge’s house at one point on the drive over.”

The blog post goes on to say that 0bummer plans to “return to politics” soon.  UGH!  Will we EVER get rid of this guy’s nefarious meddling?

On Fox and Friends this morning, it was revealed that Hawaii has not taken in any refugees from the travel banned countries.  Why not?  Some were saying, “send them all there!”  LOL!

Thinking people know what this is all about.  Tom Fernandez states it very clearly at his blog:

A source close to Obama told the Daily Mail that Obama’s ultimate goal was to force Trump to step down, either through resignation or impeachment, and that the former president is “dismayed at the way Trump is tearing down his legacy—ObamaCare, the social safety net and the welcome mat for refugees he put in place.”

Still the crybaby…

Hat tip:

Tom Fernandez28 Blog

Reject Travel Ban? Read Why It Makes Sense! Iranian Official Boasts of “Guerilla Movement” Within the U.S.!

March 16, 2017

When liberal leftist maniacs (especially those in the judiciary) are engaged in and/or supportive of nefarious ideologies and deeds, they often cover such a mindset with hubris disguised as sympathy/empathy/heroic “attitudes” for those being “discriminated against” or “inconvenienced.”

Before I get to the dangerous Iranian official’s rant (BTW, why haven’t we heard about this terrorist on the news?), it might be helpful to read some very good reasons why every thinking American should support the travel ban.

That idiot judge in Hawaii stated that he’s worried about tourism because of this much-needed temporary ban!

Note this comment at that link:

Howard Fine

Andie Leahy Who just happened to be in town. Don’t doubt that he spoke to his friend, the judge.
Many people here in Hawaii hate Chinn…. the vast majority want nothing to do with illegals aliens coming here.
And, as is normal, the dems in our Legislature want to raise taxes due to the state’s “economic shortfall”….after wasting taxpayer funds on this case.
PS We have no repubs in our legislature.

And these:

Nick Damask

Progressive judges are just simply making things up in immigration law — apparently foreigners who’ve never stepped foot in the country have 1st Amendment protections.

Lou Sprinkle · Pensacola State College

This judge is nothing but a low-level appointed bureaucrat who has no authority to overrule any president. I hope Trump tell him to go pound sand. I would.

Tom Keenum · Cotton Center, Texas

What has this world come to when some judge who is supposed to uphold the law can interpret things in such a way as to overturn what is good for America? This is not right.

John Ballew · Troup High School

The constitution clearly says that the president has the say over national security matters.

Miles Coburn · Houston, Texas

How is it a Federal Judge, in a far removed State, physically as well as culturally, has the power to determine National Security and Immigration policy for the rest of the country? What kind of idiotic Justice System do we have where people who wantonly flout National Security Laws and Regulations and non-elected judges hold such power over the rest of the nation?

Good question! Many more great comments at that link.

For readers who need even more information why this action by that judge is an overreach, please read this post:

Kingsjester’s blog explains: Activist Judge Blocks Second Trump Travel Ban: Why It is an Overreach.

Brief excerpt, but I highly recommend reading the entire post at link above!

“Whenever the president finds that the entry of any aliens or any class of aliens into the U.S. would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants, non-immigrants or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions that he may deem to be appropriate,”- 8 U.S. Code § 1182 

If you had been out of the country for a while and then came back, you would think that the role of America’s Third Branch of Government, the Judiciary, had changed from ruling on the law of the land to usurping the Constitutionally granted Authority of the President of the United States of America.

And, you would be RIGHT.

While watching Fox News last night, it was revealed that if such an order was given by another U.S. President (not President Donald J. Trump), then these “judges” would not have blocked such an order. What does THAT tell you folks? Answer: It tells you that these fools on the left will do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING – including putting American lives at risk from terrorism – in order to stop President Donald J. Trump from keeping his campaign promises to the people who elected him!

The leftists lunatics DON’T CARE whether or not what they are doing goes against the right of ANY president from issuing an executive order THAT MAKES SENSE and will further protect the American people from the radical Islamic terrorist savages that sneak into our nation through the crazy Obama era un-vetted refugee invasion!

Within the comment section at another blog, I found a link to an article from the Toronto Sun that includes a frightening video of an Iranian activist and agitator who hates America spewing his propaganda to get other Iranians here in America to rise up and attack us on our own soil!

Don’t believe me? It doesn’t matter. Read the article and see the video for yourself!

Toronto Sun.com: Iranian official boasts of ‘guerilla movement’ within the US.

Here’s the link to the video on Youtube:

Hassan Abbasi: “Even if the US deports all the Muslims, it cannot stop us …”

Published on Feb 1, 2017

Hassan Abbasi “When only eleven people managed to carry out the 9/11 attacks, do you understand that this is also a possibility for us to do something similar? We do not need nuclear weapons.
The US has six thousand nuclear warheads. These six thousand nuclear warheads are part of our plans to influence guerrilla movements to engage in warfare inside the US and create destruction; not just guerrilla movements from Iran, but from all of the Muslim countries. Even if the US deports all the Muslims, it cannot stop us as we are involving and working on the Mexicans as well”
Hassan Abbasi
Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps officer and head of its think-tank ‘Center for Borderless Security Doctrinal Analysis

Right there are enough reasons for President Trump to:

  1.  Create and carry out the travel ban.
  2.  Build the border wall.

Question: Why did Gandhi say, “Your Christians are so unlike your Christ?”

March 13, 2017

I have thought about answers to that question for quite some time.  Many Bible quotes come to mind which could agree with that statement or disagree with it.  Trouble is, no matter what I might say about it, “the world” would most likely still agree with Gandhi!

This is what got me thinking about that Gandhi quote.  While driving in my car I often listen to an a.m. talk radio station.  One advertiser on that station (“The Foundation for a Better Life”) often quotes the Hindu leader Gandhi.  They end their segment by saying, “pass it on.”)  However, I have noticed that one quote made by Gandhi doesn’t seem to ever be included in the commercial segment.  It is this one:

“I like your Christ but do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” – Gandhi

I wonder…why don’t they play that one?

It’s quite cringe worthy…to say the least!  Perhaps Gandhi did have a point when he made that statement.  However, is it fair to lump all Christians into such a category?

Such a disparaging statement caused me to wonder…in what ways did Gandhi think that Christians are so unlike our Christ?

Was he expecting us to be perfect?  Only Jesus is perfect!

Was he expecting us to be totally sanctified (which will only happen when resurrected to eternal life either at death or when the Rapture occurs) and never say the wrong thing or ever sin again?

It is difficult to counter what Gandhi said.  So many people admire him for that particular quote as well as many others that he made in his lifetime!

Perhaps I could share the following graphic to start the conversation:

That graphic holds a verse from 2 Corinthians 4.  I suggest reading the entire chapter.*

There is also the fact that many who claim to be Christians haven’t repented of their sins, become born again in Christ, invited the Holy Spirit into their lives and therefore, have rejected the mercy and grace afforded to those in Christ.  These days, biblical Christian faith is often frowned upon and hated by those who reject the Bible as truth.

Jesus warned us that there would be false prophets who are “wolves in sheep’s clothing.”

Mat 7:15

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

These are the pretend “Christians.” Jesus told us in Matthew 7 that we would “know them by their fruits,” and that “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.”

Further down in the same parable, Jesus describes who “will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.” What’s worse is this part: “and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Back to Gandhi.

So, maybe he encountered “foolish men who built their houses on the sand.” Or, maybe he encountered false prophets? Or, maybe he encountered “wolves in sheep’s clothing?” Or, maybe he encountered “the bad trees?”

Mat 7:17

“Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.

Mat 7:18

“A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.

Mat 7:19

“Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Gandhi claimed to “like Christ,” but he obviously didn’t actually believe in Him, love Him, nor worship Him.

How ironic it would be to think that Gandhi didn’t like “your Christians” because of the world’s so-called perceived “judgmental character” of Christians?  In that particular quote, wasn’t Gandhi being judgmental against all of us?

Let’s begin the comparison of Gandhi’s religion vs. Christianity.  The following is not a comprehensive comparison of Hinduism versus Jesus Christ, but it is a good summary.

Along with their rejection of God as sovereign creator of the world, Hindus also part company with Christianity on the critical issue of Jesus Christ as god’s incarnate Son.  Hindu worshipers of Vishnu, for example, believe that God has become incarnate many times in the past.16  The Bible teaches that God became incarnate only once in human history (see John 1:14).  Jesus came not to teach humanity various “ways” to salvation, but to be “the way and the truth and the life.” (John 14:6) and “to take away the sins of many” (Hebrews 9:28).

The resurrection of Christ demonstrates His absolute uniqueness as God the Son, His victory over death and His divine approval from God the Father.  It also refutes the Hindu teaching of continuous reincarnation and their belief that Christ is just another teacher-avatar (super-savior).

OK…so now we know why Gandhi, as a practicing Hindu leader, would say that he “likes (your) Christ.”  He sees Christ as just one of the great teachers, but that is as far as he will go.

The next quoted section will reveal why the Hindu’s god is too small.

Actually, Hinduism is more a philosophy than a theology (a study of God).  The Hindus try to make a tremendous case for the bigness of their impersonal god–Brahma–the “that” behind and beyond reality.  But where does the Hindu seek Brahma?  Within himself.  For the Hindu, each person is “god” (or at least part of “god”).

Ah ha!  That partially explains why Gandhi would make the claim that “I (he) do (does) not like your Christians!”  He expects each Christian to be their own god, or at least part of “god.”  Therefore, he most likely saw each Christian who had not become totally sanctified in this regard as a failure.

Continuing:

The Hindu’s god is too small.  The biblical record (see 1 John 5:11,12) states that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.  If we have the Son, we have eternal life (not a series of mythological, absolutely unproven reincarnations).  As an Indian folksong put it:  “How many births are passed, I can not tell.  How many yet to come, no man can say; But this alone I know, and know full well, that pain and grief embitter all the way.”17

Christians, however, can rest in “the blessed hope–the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13).

In conclusion, I will be summing up major differences between Hindus and Christians.  But first, I wanted to mention in the more detailed text of the book that I am quoting from, we find out that “Hindus call sin “utter illusion” because they believe all material reality is illusory.”

The term “illusory” is often confused with elusive, so here is the dictionary definition of illusory from Dictionary.com as well as the word origin and details:

adjective

1.

causing illusion; deceptive; misleading.

2.

of the nature of an illusion; unreal.

1590-1600; < Late Latin ill ū s ō rius, equivalent to ill ū d (ere) to mock, ridicule (see illusion ) + – t ō rius -tory1

Synonyms

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com

1. fallacious, specious, false. 2. imaginary; visionary, fancied.

Word Origin and History for il-lu-so-ry Expand

adj.

1590s, from French illusorie, from Late Latin illusorius “ironical, of a mocking character,” from illus-, past participle stem of Latin illudere “mock at,” literally “to play with,” from assimilated form of in- “at, upon” (see in- (2)) + ludere “to play” (see ludicrous ).

So, is it a stretch of the mind to conclude that Gandhi (and all Hindus) might regard Christ’s sacrificial death to atone for the sins of the world as something to mock, deceptive, imaginary, false, and ludicrous?

But Gandhi still claimed to like Christ!

Continuing:

Regarding God and Jesus Christ:  Hindus do not believe in a personal, loving God, but in Brahma, a formless, abstract, eternal being without attributes, who was the beginning of all things.18  They believe that Jesus is not God but just one of many incarnations, or avatars, of Vishnu.19  Christians believe that God is an eternal, personal, spiritual Being in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (see Matthew 3:13-17; 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).  Jesus Christ is God as well as sinless man and He died for our redemption (see John 1:13,14; 1 Peter 2:24).

Regarding sin and salvation:  Hindus call sin “utter illusion” because they believe all material reality is illusory.  They seek deliverance from samsara, the endless cycle of death and rebirth, through union with Brahma, which is achieved through devotion, meditation, good works and self-control. 20  Christians believe that sin is prideful rebellion that leads to eternal separation from God after living only one life, not many (see Romans 3:23; Hebrews 9:27) and that salvation is gained only through believing in the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (see Romans 3:24; 1 Corinthians 15:3).

Gandhi, like other Hindus, could not accept the Christian answer to the problem of sin, het he felt a deep hunger for real salvation from sin.  He wrote:

“For it is an unbroken torture to me that I am still so far from Him, who, as I fully know, governs every breath of my life, and whose offspring I am.” 15

Reference:  So What’s the Difference by Fritz Ridenour, Bethany House a division of Baker Publishing Group Minneapolis, Minnesota. 2001 pp. 95-97.

Footnotes:

15.  Mahatma Gandhi Autobiography (Washington, DC:  Public Affairs Press, 1948). p. 170.

16.  These incarnations (avatars) included a fish, a tortoise, a boar and a manlion, as well as different human forms, including Siddhartha Gautama, the founder of Buddhism Kalki; the tenth avatar is yet to come.  See Myrtle Langley, World Religions:  A Guide to Faiths That Shaped the World (West Oxford:  Lyon Publishing plc, 1993), p. 22.

17.  Cited by S. H. Kellogg, A Handbook of Comparative Religions (Philadelphia, PA:  Westminster, 1899), p. 30.

18.  Yamamoto, Hinduism, TM and Hare Krishna, pp. 55, 85.

19.  Yogananda, Paramahansa, Autobiography of a Yogi (Los Angeles, CA:  Self-Realization Fellowship, 1972), pp. 195, 196.

20.  Ibid.

*******
* 2 Corinthians 4:1-18

2Co 4:1

Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart.

2Co 4:2

But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

2Co 4:3

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,

2Co 4:4

whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

2Co 4:5

For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake.

2Co 4:6

For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2Co 4:7

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.

2Co 4:8

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

2Co 4:9

persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—

2Co 4:10

always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

2Co 4:11

For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.

2Co 4:12

So then death is working in us, but life in you.

2Co 4:13

And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,”[fn] we also believe and therefore speak,

2Co 4:14

knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you.

2Co 4:15

For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God.

2Co 4:16

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

2Co 4:17

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,

2Co 4:18

while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Hat tips to all links and graphics.

Where Can We Come Together?

March 10, 2017

So many people are upset over the continuous rancor and hatred being spouted against the Trump Administration and their supporters.  I find myself turning off the news more often these days because it is getting much worse as the days, weeks and months go by since the election.

In the comment section of a previous post, my friend L wrote:

We all need to be honest, and quit name calling. Realize that both sides have valid points. Where can we come together?

I don’t have the answer.

However, I believe that the written Word – the Bible, has the answer; and our Living Word – Jesus Christ IS the ultimate answer!

As Christians, we are called to be pointers towards the Light – meaning Jesus Christ. The Bible tells us that people are lost and enveloped in darkness. We see this all around us! There are millions with no hope of being found because they are wandering through life without a sense of direction.

Jesus said He is “the light of the world” (John 8:12); and when He left this earth He designated His followers to be that light: “You are the light of the world” (Matthew 5:14).

How do we draw mankind out of the darkness and wilderness that they often reside in? I have found that the only way is to point them towards Christ where they can be rescued and saved.

Jesus also told us that we would be hated because they hated Him first. Not everyone is going to accept the message of the Gospel of Christ. Many hate the message and fight hard against it!

We are told by Paul that there will be times when we share the truth of the gospel and it will be soundly rejected. Therefore, we are to “shake the dust from our sandals (or feet) and leave that house.”

Mat 10:14

“And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.

Mar 6:11

“And whoever[fn] will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them.[fn] Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!”

Luk 9:5

“And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them.”

This is not for the purpose of being mean. It’s just the truth that many will reject the gospel message of peace. Thus, they refuse to live in peace with those with whom they disagree.

The leftists (who are now raging because they are out of power and thus are utilizing the “shadow government” attacks against Trump and all Americans who voted for him) want to create a kind of socialist utopia here on earth. The trouble is, the elitists with that mindset want to rule and for all the rest of us to be subordinate. They will NEVER give up going in that direction (recall the term “Forward” being used in Hitler’s time as well as in Obama’s second campaign and term) and they will steal, kill, and destroy in order to achieve their goals.

You see, they don’t want to “come together” and never will! They are blind because they out rightly reject the gospel. Some may be “pulled out of the fire” as it says in the book of Jude, but many will always scream, accuse, rant and rave against Christians, Conservatives and their values.

Perhaps I can get my point across by sharing a quote.

A. W. Tozer is quoted as saying:

“The gospel is light but only the Spirit can give sight.”

Why True Conviction in Christian Faith is Detested

March 6, 2017

A friend of mine (screen name “L”) recently wrote about churches drifting away (or, in some cases deliberately doing so) from the true gospel of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, this is often true. What’s more, it is happening at a greater rate in this generation than ever before!

Our family left two churches over the years because we found that the pastor was drifting away from excellent Bible teaching. In one case, the pastor started to follow another pastor’s way of teaching and this caused errors (one was huge!) in the direction that he started taking the church.

2Ti 4:3

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

2Ti 4:4

and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

I suggest reading my post entitled Syncretism Stew. An author by the name of Marsha West has created a list of denominations that have drifted their congregations away from what the disciples originally called, “The Way.”

Today, one of the most “admired” ideas is the human philosophical combination of many religions under the guise of labeling it in a term called COEXIST.

I have seen many of these stickers on the bumpers of cars here in California. It is a very nice sentiment and would be nice if sincerely followed. However, each of those religions disagrees with the teachings of the others. Therefore, each religion thinks that all the others are wrong! This is an example of where human philosophical efforts often fail. If a person doesn’t agree with all of the other religions listed on that banner, then you are often labeled as “bigoted,” “phobic” (including all the phobias being spouted around today), “crazy” or even “evil”!

Why?

Because behind the banner of “can’t we all just get along” is the premise that the claim of exclusivity of being saved by grace through Jesus Christ is bad news…rather than the Good News of salvation.

We see today how Christian faith is attacked by non-believers (often relentlessly) and the Jewish faith (which is the root of Christianity) is also highly disparaged.

Why?

Because the proponents of philosophy of religion precludes any true believer in Christ from having true conviction in their faith and replaces it with the demand for syncretism.

So, how are we supposed to know who is correct in such matters?

Good question!

That is where serious studying of the Bible comes in!

There are too many Christians who only rely on the words of others, rather than examining the Word of God and the Living Word – Jesus Christ – for themselves.

There is a verse in 2 Timothy (which is utilized by the AWANA programs for children) that tells us to “study to show thyself approved unto God – rightly dividing the word of truth.”

2Ti 2:15

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

What’s more is that we need to be diligent about it! There are so many tools that can be used to help us in our studies. I think that the commentaries of past biblical scholars (like Matthew Henry) are very helpful! Also, using a concordance in order to understand the meaning of the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic words in the Bible helps to prevent error in private study and interpretation. For example, the word “fear” in the Bible can mean either dread of something or someone, or it can mean reverence (usually reverence for God). This is only one example. Proper context is essential in Bible study.

The book of Jude informs us that we are to “contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.”

Jude also warns us about the syncretism stew of those who would do things to gain advantage, follow after their own lusts, and be mockers:

Jde 1:16

These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage.

Jde 1:17

But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Jde 1:18

how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.

Jde 1:19

These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.

Jude 1:19 informs us that those who do not have the Spirit (meaning the Holy Spirit of God who indwells us when we repent of our sins and ask for forgiveness at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ and then through faith, ask Him to dwell in our hearts in the form of the Holy Spirit as saved individuals) are people who are sensual persons who cause divisions. Again, this is an example of the syncretism stew that people can willingly enter, or ignorantly enter into because of their lack of knowledge about the way, the truth and the life of Jesus Christ.

Bible study is crucial, but the fellowship with other Christians in a Bible based non-denominational church is also important. If the church is Bible based, then it is less likely to fall into the syncretism stew types of errors.

The longer I study the Bible, the more I learn.  However, this side of heaven one has “never arrived” regarding the wisdom and knowledge of God.   The Bible is a miraculous book and once saved, we are forever being sanctified through the grace and mercy afforded to us by Jesus Christ.

Towergate: Yes We Scan

March 5, 2017

This morning, I read three posts about “Towergate” which is the wiretap allegation against Obama that was made by President Trump.  In order to understand the reasons why Obama and his ilk have “set up shop” blocks away from the White House to run their shadow government, some background information (and explanations) would be helpful.  Please take the time to read all of the links below! Your understanding of exactly why this is happening and the goals of the nefarious people and groups behind it all is essential in the fight against them!

All of the obfuscating currently being done by the former Obama BADministration, the Demoncrats in Congress, and the media of mass deception isn’t fooling the informed American public. We are ON TO THEM and their nefarious deeds, and President Trump isn’t going to back down like some namby-pamby RINO would!

I continue to pray and thank God for this second chance to right what is extremely wrong here in America! However, it won’t just take the Trump Administration or all the other segments of our government; it will take you and me – the American people who want to restore our Constitutional Republic from the dirty grip of the Socialist/Commie/Islamo-fascists who have been plotting for years to destroy the nation we baby-boomers, like myself, grew up in.

For the sakes of our children and grandchildren, PLEASE become involved in these efforts to expose the nefarious shadow government activities and antics, as well as the lying media of mass deception! If we all do our part to expose what is truly going on, the criminals who are currently seething over this past election will continue to stay out of power – hopefully FOR GOOD!

~ Christine

1. Kingsjester’s Blog: From Watergate to Towergate: Even With Obama’s “Eavesdropping” and Obfuscating, Trump is Still President.

Excerpt:

The former Petulant President Pantywaist has set up his Command Headquarters for his “Shadow Government” just a few blocks away from the White House and has even moved his “right-hand Iranian” Valerie Jarrett, into the house with him and “Mooch”.

Scary? OH, HECK YEAH.

It is all beginning to resemble a Tom Clancy Novel.

You have a Former Nazi Sympathizer, now a Billionaire “Philanthropist”, funding Far Left Causes. Add to that a disgruntled Former President, desperately trying to ensure that his mission to turn the Greatest Country on the Face of the Earth into a Third World Socialist Paradise is not derailed by the unexpected loss of his hand-picked predecessor to a “Citizen Statesman”.

Faced with the reality of a splintered Democratic Party, which has alienated its base by moving to the Extreme Far Left of the Political Spectrum, this Former President , while still in office, decided to spy on the one candidate who might actually have a chance to beat his own party’s lousy candidate in a fair Presidential Election, through the means of obtaining an order to wire tap his offices.

After that did not help and the Citizen Statesman became the President, the Former Petulant President Pantywaist, encouraged “rebellion”, as if the reality of a nation being torn asunder was some sort of “Star Wars” Movie, through the use of his “benefactor’s”(the Former Nazi Sympathizer) money in the funding of manufactured protests and a Media-Driven, Community -Organizing Assault, which includes the Former President’s own “Organizing For America” Website.

Not unlike the Bolsheviks of the Russian Revolution, this “rebellion”, with their willing accomplices in the Main Stream Media, launched a massive assault, through the dissemination of propaganda, manufactured protests, and Fake News, in order to somehow diminish the sitting President, in the hopes of regaining their lost power and continuing their mission, inspired by Karl Marx and Saul Alinsky.

Unfortunately for them, they have underestimated the power of the New Media and the resiliency of the average American, here in the Heartland, who stopped believing their lies some time ago.

Read it all HERE

2. Centinel2012 (re-posted from Zero Hedge): Obama Advisor Rhodes Is Wrong: The President Can Order A Wiretap, And Why Trump May Have The Last Laugh.

I suggest reading it all at above link, but here is a pertinent excerpt:

Furthermore, while most Democrats – not to mention former president Obama himself – have been harshly critical of Trump’s comments, some such as former Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau was quite clear in his warning to reporters that Obama did not say there was no wiretapping, effectively confirming it:

Favreau also urged his twitter followers to read a thread that explicitly suggested the prior existence of FISA-endorsed wiretaps:

Additionally, Philip Rucker, the WaPo’s White House bureau chief echoed Favreau’s caveat, namely that the Obama spokesman’s statement does not deny the existence of wiretaps on Trump Tower, only that Obama himself and the Obama White House did not approve them if they did exist.

Further implying the existence of such a wiretap was David Axelrod, who tweeted today that such a wiretap could exist but would have “been OK’ed only for a reason.”

I’m sure that there are dozens more articles that could be listed here!  Perhaps I can add them throughout the day.   But for those who are not familiar with the progressive tactics of the Cloward/Piven strategies and/or the application of  Alinsky’s rules for radicals by the far left, the following link will help you to understand why they do what they do!

3. David Fiorazo: Radical Take Down of America: Has The Left Won?

Excerpt:

The United States of America has been under attack – from within. Two things make this fact even worse: many people are oblivious, and the larger problem is others just don’t seem to care.

It is important we understand how we got to this point of corruption and crisis as a nation, determine who is responsible, and decide what we can do about it. You may know much of this information, but many of your friends do not; please share it.

In order to examine the spiritual, financial, and political condition of the United States of America, the epic prize globalists wish to conquer, it’s vital we acknowledge some brief history.

Read further HERE

Excerpt and conclusion of article to find out what we, as Christians, can do about it:

WHAT CAN WE, CHRISTIANS DO ABOUT IT?

One.  Accept the reality of the situation and trust God for the outcome.

  • The Bible forewarns us about a globalist one-world government that hates God.
  • Understand it is not a matter of if, but rather when this system overwhelms us.
  • The Bible does not exclude America from the rule of Anti-Christ.

Two.  Prepare ourselves, our family and our Church fellowships for the inevitable. Become students of the Bible again. Study and encourage one another. Understand the times! Start in Matthew Chapter 24 (click to read) where Jesus warns us about what the final days before His return would look like:

  • A rise of false teachers within the professing church.
    • Word-Faith Prosperity preaching
    • Dominionists on the right and left teaching man has the solutions.
    • Emergent and Gnostic theologies discounting God’s Righteous and Just nature along with His hatred for unrepentant sin.
    • Universalism where we are taught that God is only “love” and would never allow anyone to perish in hell.
    • Pastors who preach the benefits of salvation without the responsibilities of sanctification.
  • Increased hatred and persecution of true believers and followers of Jesus.
  • A world in chaos with wars, poverty, disease and chaos.
  • The world anointing one of its own to try to solve these problems.

Three. We need to become Christians who are serious about prayer, sharing the gospel, and speaking the truth.

  • No more passive, selfish, silent Christianity.
  • We must look at every person asking how we would feel if that person were to end up in hell for eternity.
  • We need to encourage and challenge one another as true believers to not get caught up in the divisive debates, political hysteria or to fear what Jesus warned would happen in the end times.

Remember, though the world and things around us may be falling apart, the Bible teaches us they are actually falling into place. Many solid pastors and others in the committed remnant of true believers remind us we are living in the greatest times of biblical prophecy since Jesus walked the earth.  Are we afraid of what lies ahead?  If so, where is our faith in God? We must hold loosely the things of this world as we set our hearts and minds on things above. (bold and italics mine!)

As the Apostle Paul was preparing for his execution, in a letter to Timothy, he wrote:

I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths. But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing. 2 Timothy 4:1-8

Hat tips to all links!

An Interesting Encounter

March 3, 2017

As I was pushing my grocery cart while leaving a grocery store today, a young man who works there just returned a group of carts to the stack of carts inside the store.  He turned so fast that he stepped right in front of my cart and I almost hit him!  Fortunately, I wasn’t moving as fast as him so he was able to get out of the way.  I apologized for almost hitting him with the cart.  He accompanied me out the door and proceeded to tell me about all of the times that he had been “attacked” by grocery carts; in the parking lots of two stores he previously worked at, by rude customers in the stores, and on and on he went.

It never occurred to me that a job like his would be so dangerous! /sarc off.

He then said that people were often rude to him.  I mentioned that it seems like rudeness has become a lifestyle ever since the election!  He said, yeah!  I told him that I avoid discussing politics and the election because people are so agitated over it that it’s sometimes scary!  He proceeded to say, “yeah, I can’t believe that Trump won.  Who would ever vote for him?  He’s horrible and disgusting towards women!  He’s an idiot!  He doesn’t know how to run the country!  He was a bad businessman!  He claimed bankruptcy 5 times!  He only has money because his father gave it to him”

I started to tune him out as I thought in my mind that it was only twice where Trump claimed bankruptcies;  and they were corporate bankruptcies which are very different from personal ones… but I didn’t want to get into that so I kept such thoughts to myself.

I asked him, “did you see the State of the Union Address?” [Correction:  It was an address to the Joint Session of Congress.  My thanks to GMpilot for this correction.]

He said, “No, I was working.”

I said that many are saying that it was the best speech ever.  Continuing on, I mentioned that many Democrats left before President Trump exited.  It happens to be a polite and customary rule in the House to show respect for the position of the presidency…no matter who is president at the time.  I also said, “there were many people who disliked Obama when he was president, but they didn’t show such disrespect by exiting before he left his State of the Union addresses.”

He said, “but he was a good president, not like this joker Trump.”

I said, “Well, no matter who is president, God is ultimately in control and I continue to hope and pray that His Hand of healing and leading will be on us and upon our nation.”

He replied, “Maybe God put Trump in there to punish us.”  I couldn’t help but think in my own mind…that’s what I thought about Obama!

I encouraged him to watch the State of the Union address so that he would be more informed regarding what was said.  Many people in the media said that it was Trump’s best speech ever.

He said, “maybe Trump will be impeached!”  I wanted to remind him of one famous Democratic president who was impeached back in the ’90’s.  However, I guessed that he was probably only 8 years old at the time and most likely didn’t know about the embarrassing sexcapades with the intern Monica Lewinsky, the accusations of women being groped and raped, the Whitewater scandal, or all of the other controversies that surrounded Bill Clinton.

I wished him well and thanked him for his help putting the groceries into the trunk of my SUV.

It’s funny how just mentioning that I don’t like to talk politics or about the nastiness of the election ended up leading to just that…an encounter with someone who has Trump derangement syndrome!

 

Including these just because they are funny!

Ultimately, what the choice was in the Election of 2016:

My Journey to Christ

February 28, 2017

During a discussion on faith between my friend L and a non-believer named GMPilot in the comment section of a post entitled Leaders Can Be Either a Blessing or a Punishment, Mr. Pilot asked me a question.

He seemed irritated that I had given him a link to a list of prophecies that have been fulfilled by Jesus Christ, with some that are to be fulfilled at His Second Coming.

According to the Scriptures: 353 Prophecies Fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

Christine wrote:  GM, I wrote that comment and the link to the prophecies fulfilled page for L. I gave you the same link months ago, but did not read any comment from you regarding what was revealed.

GM wrote:  Then follow this conversation with L, and learn from her. She gave me several specific claims, rather than try to sweep me away in a flood of data. If all of the claims are valid, than any one of them could have been chosen to make your point. At least she kept it to a workable handful. I asked you if you wanted me to go through all of them, saying, “So, do you expect me to examine each prophecy point by point? That could take years, and the world moves on. Or are there one or two unassailable prophecies that you’d like to dare me to dispute?
More importantly, is this what convinced YOU?” And you never answered.

In order to answer GM’s question, I thought that it was time that I shared My Journey to Christ post which was written in 2005 at my former Talk Wisdom blog.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Journey to Christ

My fellow Christian blog friend Jojo asked me to share my testimony. I told her it would be long! She wanted the complete, detailed story but that would indeed be VERY long. Here is a somewhat detailed overview. I do plan to recount certain incidences in future posts where I now can see that the hand of God had been working within my entire life; even when at the time I didn’t recognize or even realize it. I will also post about the proofs that have occurred to me, personally, over the last 15 years of Bible study and prayer that have led me to steadfast faith in Jesus Christ and the absolute truth and authority of God’s Word, the Bible.

I originally started this post late last evening and then realized that I had left out some important segments. I also realized that I had posted an incorrect date! As certain facts, recollections and instances are called to mind, I will add them either here or in my future posts. Here’s the start of my journey to Christ!

My family is originally from the east coast. I grew up in a little suburb town called Roselle Park near Elizabeth, NJ. Our town was primarily of Italian descent and of the Roman Catholic faith. My mom is Polish and her parents came over on the boat. My dad was Scottish, a bit of Welsh and English and the majority of his family were Methodist. My mom took my brother, sister and I to the Catholic church and my dad stayed home. Back when I was only 7, my mom remembers how concerned I was about my dad not going to church. I remember praying that one day he would come with us to church, and he did (very rarely) so I was always concerned about his relationship “with the Man upstairs” (as he used to call him).

Most people whom I hung out with were Catholic, too. After graduating college, I took a job as a physical education/health/safety teacher at an elementary school in my home town. I met and became good friends with Linda Green who was the school’s music teacher. We often combined our classes and did several activities and programs together. One day in September, 1979, Linda invited me to her church. It was an Evangelical/Pentecostal denomination and boy was it different from the solemnity of the Roman Catholic church I was used to! The music was uplifting, contemporary and fun. I noticed a lot of people placing their hands in the air and closing their eyes. When the altar call to come up to the front and receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior was offered, I froze. I didn’t understand what they were doing or what it meant so I just stayed at my seat. My friend was singing in the chorus so I was standing there in the pew surrounded by people I did not know. When the final call to come forward was made, we were told to bow our heads for prayer. The sinners prayer was being recited and many thoughts were racing through my head. My heart was beating so fast! The words being spoken were all new to me; this was not done in the Catholic church. I remember thinking that what was being said didn’t sound like it was against the Catholic church teachings and I was regretting that I didn’t have the courage to walk forward.

Hearing that sinners prayer made me kneel down right there at my seat (like a good Catholic!) and I joined in and recited the prayer right along with all the people who had already come forward near the altar. There was a second prayer for church members to re-dedicate their lives to Christ. I didn’t quite understand what that was all about, but later in my life I learned very well what it meant!

My friend Linda didn’t know that I had recited the prayer because I hadn’t come forward. I kept it to myself! I think I feared that it might mean that I would have to become a member of her church. Six months later, I resigned from my teaching job because my part time job (Mary Kay Cosmetics) was taking off and I was earning much more money at that than teaching. Linda and I, unfortunately, lost touch soon after that. I became a director with Mary Kay and was successful at recruiting and selling the product. Over the years, I was a superficial Christian. In hindsight, I can now see how God sent Christian women into my life to remind me of that decision I made back in 1979.

Skip forward to 1982. After years of failed relationships and loser boyfriends, I met my husband while doing temporary work at Wakefern Food Corp. in Elizabeth, N.J. We were the typical office romance that is not supposed to work out…but did! We were engaged in April of 1983 and married in October, 1983! My husband was raised Episcopalian, but he agreed to get married in the Catholic church. During the ceremony we took pledges to raise our future children (if so blessed) in the church. Almost nine months to the day of our wedding night (people WERE counting, too!) my son was born. Two months later, my husband accepted an offer to work at Foodmaker, Inc. (parent company of Jack-in-the-Box at the time) in Hayward CA. To the total dismay of my mom and dad, I moved out to CA, sight unseen, with my husband and our 2 month old son. Once there, it was very difficult to hold onto my Mary Kay career and several months later, my unit was dissolved and I was no longer a director.

We were so caught up with our lives that we didn’t even attend church anymore.

Two years later, a series of tragedies, disagreements and problems arose in our marriage. First, my mother-in-law had lost her second husband and moved out to CA into an apartment near us. Everything was fine until she started acting strangely. She would forget things and would often repeat herself. We then noticed that she wasn’t bathing herself and her hair appeared to be not washed for weeks! The hairspray buildup was like glue! I convinced her to get into the shower and told her that I would wash her hair for her. She loved the idea and the attention. I noticed that she was drinking some of the water coming from the shower. I asked her if she was thirsty and she said yes. I planned to get her a drink after her shower, but when I was rinsing her hair I noticed that she was looking groggy and sleepy. Suddenly, she fainted! I screamed for my husband, he ran upstairs and we got her out of the tub shower stall. We got water for her to drink and she was gulping it down. She was severely dehydrated! We took her to the doctor the next day. He told us she was malnourished and dehydrated. When we told him about her forgetfulness and constant repeating the same words, he said he needed to do a series of tests. In those days, they did many tests to eliminate several possibilities of what could be wrong.

We just thought that maybe she was depressed and wasn’t eating properly, so we had her come over more often for meals. One night, she didn’t show up. We called her apartment, no answer. We called until 10:00 p.m. which is the time she would certainly be home if she went to the mall. Still no answer. We called the police. They said she isn’t a missing person until 24 hours passed. It was late Saturday night and we were absolutely panicked! My husband drove all over town and to the mall looking for her car in the parking lots. Early Sunday morning, we get a call from a woman who lived halfway between Livermore, CA (our residence) and Los Angeles! She found Charlie’s mom in her Nissan Sentra car off the side of the freeway in a ditch! She was dazed and couldn’t remember anything so the woman searched her purse and found our phone number. We drove out there to get her and when we saw where she went off the road it was a miracle. On either side of the place she landed where huge steep drops into deep gullies! She wouldn’t have survived if she went off the road 30 seconds sooner or later! After this incident, we knew her condition was serious.

We were devastated to find out that she was in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease. This part could get very long, but to sum it up I will say that she took turns living at each child’s home until she could get into a nursing home in N.J. Those 2 months were two of the longest of my life! I would get in the shower for 5 min. and she’d be gone out the door! We had latches at the top of the door but she would unlock them and leave. She had a pattern of walking to town and sitting on a bench in front of K-Mart. I would get my son in the car and drive over there to get her. She would always say, “I was waiting for Buddy (my husband’s nickname growing up) to come pick me up.”

Soon after all the stress of this terrible experience with my mother-in-law, I noticed that I missed a period and suspected that I was pregnant again. I went to my gynecologist, he examined me and this is EXACTLY what he said, “Mrs. W., I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are pregnant. The bad news is that you are going to lose it.” Have you ever heard anything so coldly stated such as this? I couldn’t believe it! He then went on to describe how many hours from now I would probably have a “spontaneous abortion” and suggested I sit and expel it into the toilet (sorry folks for the graphic description). I couldn’t believe he was so unemotional, cold and technical about it. He said I might require a D & C afterward….I just shut his voice out after that point. I remember crying for days after it all happened. I hated reading those words “spontaneous abortion” in my medical records. I was devastated. I remember thinking, why God?

We were told to wait at least 6 months before trying to get pregnant again. In November, 1986, I found out I was pregnant again! We were so filled with joy! My son was almost 2 1/2 and the timing was really good for a second child.

One morning in March, 1987 when I was 4 months along, another tragedy occurred. We lived in a small house at the time with a narrow kitchen. I had just heated up water in the microwave for my morning instant coffee. I turned to get the coffee from the cupboard and I heard the shuffle of footy pajamas coming into the kitchen. My son was coming toward me with wide open arms to hug his mommy. He hit the hot water in the mug and it spilled onto his upper chest and ran down the front of his pajamas. He screamed in pain, I screamed in horror he clung to me like an orangutan and wouldn’t let go! I saturated a towel in cold water and placed it between us while running the bath and trying to get him into the tub. He wouldn’t let go of me! I found out later that I should have taken the clothes off but in a panic all I could think of was to cool down his chest. I called 911, hysterical. The ambulance came and we headed to the hospital. My son suffered 3rd degree burns on his upper chest and 2nd degree burns on his face (splashing) and lower abdomen. He spent 3 weeks in the hospital. There I was, pregnant, sleeping on a futon in his hospital room. Each morning, they had to give him special baths to clean the wounds. I couldn’t stand his screams! I would drive home (30 mins. away) and cry and sob the entire way. When I reached home, I closed the door behind me and collapsed, sprawled out flat on my face on the cold stone entryway floor.

There I was, guilt stricken, sobbing with my head on the floor. In fact, there was a song out on the radio with those very same lyrics in it. I would lay there, cry and wail, “Why God? Why did this have to happen to my little boy? Why couldn’t the boiling water have fallen on me? Why did I turn my back at that instant? Why did this accident happen?”

I have to admit, I started to question my faith. First time in my life. I was mad at God.

In those days, the surgeon would take skin grafts from another part of the body (buttocks) and apply it to the 3rd degree burn area. My little boy had to endure this operation and then wear tight, spandex garments for 6 mos. afterwards to prevent bumps in the graft as it healed.

Around this time, the news was filled with the horrific incident where a disgruntled divorced father purposely tried to burn his son to death. It had happened years ago, but it was in the news again. The boy (can’t recall his name) was burned over 85% (I think) of his body. I remember thinking how could a father do such an awful, horrendous thing? Here I was feeling so guilty about an accident that happened to a small part of my son’s body and this boy had to endure so much more pain and anguish. It was a miracle that this other boy even survived. He was so disfigured he had to have many operations.

Those three weeks that my son was in the hospital felt like three months!

The day my son came home was so joyful! We had balloons and cake at the hospital and the staff was just in love with him…but he wanted to get out of there fast! We had balloons, cake and a few close friends came over a few hours later to welcome him home. As he healed over the next several months, I felt so bad for him. He had to endure wearing those spandex garments even in the heat of the summer.

All the stress of this tragedy didn’t help my pregnancy. I developed gestational diabetes and had to cut out all sugar from my diet. I ended up losing 8 lbs. in my last 2 months of pregnancy, but gave birth to a healthy baby girl!

My husband was transferred to the Corp. headquarters in San Diego and we moved into an apartment waiting for our first new house to be built. Four months later, on December 29, 1988, we were in our new home. I met another mother who was holding Bible studies in her home in the neighborhood and she invited me to attend. Our family started attending the Catholic church again, for the sake of the children, and were considering placing them into catechism classes. My mother’s group and I were studying the book of John at the neighborhood study.

When we got to chapter 3 and Nicodemus’ encounter with Jesus everything clicked.

I realized what had happened that day years ago in that Evangelical/Pentecostal church! The Holy Spirit was nudging me back to a relationship with Jesus Christ!

I was so excited and shared my story with the group. There was a problem though. My husband was not receptive to my newfound excitement in my faith. He said that we promised to raise the kids in the Catholic church at our wedding and he intended to keep that promise. I asked him, “did we make such a promise to a building (church) or to the Head of the church, Jesus Christ?”

We had three tumultuous years in our marriage after that. I was studying every book I could find, including the Bible on a regular basis and my husband was worried that I had become a religious nut! His view was that “religion was a private matter”.

In January of 1989, my husband discovered a lump in his neck. His dad had died of Hodgkin’s disease at the age of 60. I never had the opportunity to meet him because he had died long before Charlie and I had met. I was hoping that the lump my husband found was nothing to worry about. It turned out that he was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. When he came home and shared the news with me we held each other on the couch and just cried. The kids were still sleeping in their rooms upstairs and we dreaded sharing the bad news. My husband underwent surgery to remove his thyroid (although it wasn’t infected yet; done as precaution) and the infected lymph nodes surrounding the area. The good news is that he has been cancer free ever since then. Praise God! I think that this health scare woke up my husband to consider his stance with God. He seemed less hostile to what I would often briefly share from my Bible study. This gave me new hope! Meanwhile, I was secretly hoping and praying to find a Bible-based Christian church to attend. One Sunday, there was an article in our local newspaper about a new church opening in the next town over. It sounded perfect! Just like what I was looking and praying for! Of course, my husband wasn’t very receptive to this. I told him that I just wanted to check it out. That Sunday, I drove to the church by myself and when the service was over, I had raised my hand to rededicate my life to Jesus Christ! There was a popular Christian music artist there (Dennis Agajanian) and his music was terrific. The band and chorus sang contemporary Christian songs and it was so uplifting! I was filled with joy and excitement just singing and clapping and worshiping Jesus! After the service, I met with a prayer partner at the side of the church. We prayed about the salvation of my husband and children.

When I got home, I found out that my daughter had wanted to go with me. In fact, she had been running down the street after my car screaming my name so I would stop and take her with me!

When I shared all that had transpired at this new church, my kids were so excited to attend! When my husband finally decided to give the church a try, he really liked it too. Over the next several months we alternated between the Catholic church and the Christian fellowship! In the Christian church, the pastor would ask the congregation to hold up their Bibles. We went out and bought Bibles. In fact, my husband bought me two of them for Christmas that year!

One week, we got confused and brought our Bibles to the Catholic church. We didn’t use them there and that was when our kids said, “we like the other church SO MUCH BETTER!” From that point on, we attended the Christian Fellowship. Our daughter went to the children’s group and our son came into the big sanctuary with us. He loved listening to Pastor Shawn. My daughter joined AWANA and I became a leader for 2 years and the “Chums and Guards” (3rd – 5th grade girls) Director for one year.

 

My daughter accepted Christ as Lord and Savior in the Chums club and my son accepted Christ as Lord and Savior during a home Bible study in our own living room!

My husband was the one hold out. I kept praying. We kept studying and going to this new church. On Easter of 1990, my husband stood to accept Christ as Lord and Savior. We aren’t supposed to peak when the invitation is given, but a guy sitting on the other side of my husband spoke with me after the service and said to tell my husband congratulations! I was in tears! Tears of joy!! Hid those tears behind my sunglasses during the ride home and just waited for him to tell me about his decision. It was the greatest Easter Sunday of my life! Our journey as a strong, COMPLETE Christian family had begun and the prayers I had been praying for my husband all those years were answered! Praise God for his goodness!!

There was one more thing I needed to do. I needed to release my past anger at God for any and all tragedies that had occurred in my life. When I did that, it was like the heaviest of burdens was lifted right off of me! It was then that I saw God working throughout my life through everything…the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful. I knew that no matter what, He would never leave nor forsake me.

I may not understand why certain things happen until the other side of heaven, but what leaped in front of me were so many incidences that I had not previously recognized as protection, blessing, and grace in my life.

Perhaps I can share some of those in my next post? This one is quite long! I know that I covered more than just my individual journey to Christ, but it was at this point where my faith grew by leaps and bounds unlike anything I had ever experienced before. This is when the “I’ll see it when I believe it” incidences occurred in my life that cemented my certainty about Jesus Christ and what he did for us at the cross. I was now into the heart of worship when I realized more than ever before that it’s all about Him!

Dear readers,

If you have read this far, then perhaps you might like to read some of the wonderful comments to this post that were shared at my former blog.

The final comment there was written by a Christian man with the screen name, Jabez. Sadly, he died just a year or two later. However, the promises of Jesus Christ tell me that he is with the Lord and though we miss him on this temporary earth, one day all believers in Jesus Christ will be united together in heaven. I thought that his comment there would be appropriate to share here.

Jabez said:

Thomas:

If it were not for the pain, hurt and loneliness in your responses to this group, your jousting with them would almost be amusing. I say almost because even with all the enlarged vocabulary you have your responses are neither new nor creative. You are just like any one of us, who got caught up in a lie, living in a destructive lifestyle and are not willing to take an honest look at what other people are saying. When someone is caught up in a destructive lifestyle addiction, there are very few ways to respond to someone with the answer on how to get out, other than shouting so loud they cannot be heard, name-calling, character assassination or running.

I did not grow up in a Christian home. While I did hear a lot of the stories from the Bible, it was not something one read or studied. Bible thumpers did not belong to our church; we stayed away from them.

While I was living in Bermuda, a man made a statement I acknowledged but did not understand. Over the years, it would pop up and I would put it aside. One day, it popped up and I was in the position to understand it. Understanding brought about some questions. I obtained a 365-day Bible and read through it. I was somewhat surprised at what was and what was not in the Bible. Over the years, I had acted as if I knew what the Bible had in it, but was only spouting things I had heard others say. Most of which I had heard, I now understand was wrong. The funny part about reading the Bible was that I found the crutch was the lifestyle I was living not the values of those Bible thumpers. After a thoughtful, diligent consideration of God’s Word, I became a believer in my early forties.

Stephen had a moment of sanity where he was receptive to the question and willing to hear out someone who had a different viewpoint. True freedom. You say that you are free and object to anyone implying otherwise. OK, yes you are free to make choices in your life. The freedom Stephen, others on this blog and I have goes so much further. When we entered into a relationship with Christ, we became able to deal with events in our lives in a much better way. That’s not to say difficulties in our lives were magically solved. We still had problems and situations. As we made choices in line with the Word of God, things which would have sent us on a destructive path instead made us stronger.

After almost nineteen years, this walk is still an exciting adventure. I would not trade my walk with Jesus Christ for anything. Why would I ever want to exchange the pearl of great price for a cheap imitation?

Thomas, I believe it was Anna who asked you the question – What are you looking for?

July 15, 2005 at 5:54:00 PM PDT

Hollyweird Flub Last Night

February 27, 2017

I haven’t watched the Sad-academy Sewer-awards in years. It would have been a big waste of my time. Besides, there were good movies on the Hallmark channel last night.

Kingsjester’s Blog has a good analysis of “the Oscars turned into a lecturing the deplorables” post up today.

This morning, I heard on a news report about the screw-up re: La La Land “accidentally” being named as best picture; then finding out that Moonlight actually won. Is that the one that Denzel Washington starred in? I do like him as an actor and maybe he won best actor for his role. However, I don’t know his political leanings but will guess that he wanted HilLIARy to win.

Within the news report I watched, there was one commentator that shared the thought of exactly why La La Land didn’t win. He said something like, “was it because the Moonlight movie had many black actors in it?” I recall (from news reports and someone in Hollyweird actually complaining about it) that the Oscars apparently didn’t have enough African-Americans nominated last year.  So…was this done to appease them and avoid such harsh rhetoric yet again? Who knows… Perhaps the movie that won this year outrightly deserved to be chosen over La La Land.

It is ironic, however, to note that “la-la land” is defined:

noun, Slang.

1.
a state of being out of touch with reality.

2.
(usually initial capital letters) Los Angeles.

British Dictionary definitions for la-la land
2.
(not capitals) a place that is remote from reality

Yep…very fitting for describing Hollyweird in LA.

Anyway, that flub last night with the wrong movie being announced as best picture reminds us of when HiLIARy’s “Madam” photo was already printed on the Newsweek magazine cover! They got that wrong, too! Ha ha!

Hat tip:

Kingsjester’s Blog

President Trump vs. The Media of Mass Deception

February 17, 2017

Yesterday’s news conference with President Donald Trump vs. “the media of mass deception” (mostly, that is, since there were a few good questions asked) was absolutely epic!

A blog that I linked to in my reader has a great post up about it. See Kingsjester’s Blog: 2/16/17: The Day President Trump Held the MSM Accountable For Their Actions.

Love the Branco political cartoon…

16806659_10209571555899378_5307203823855270566_n

Excerpt from Kingsjester’s Blog:

You want to know why yesterday was unlike any Presidential News Conference ever witnessed in the Modern Era?

It is because Donald J. Trump is not a Professional Politician.

He is a Citizen Statesman.

He is an American Businessman, a self-made billionaire, who is used to dealing with all kinds of people in the Business World, from high-powered executives like himself to insolent little know-it-alls, who believe themselves to be smarter than he is and are determined to take him down, like the Propaganda Arm of the Democratic Party known as the Main Stream Media.

Americans are now living in a time when the Main Stream Media’s blatant propaganda is no longer believed at face value, as the evidence which refutes it is appearing in the live videos and photographs being shared on Facebook and other Social Media.

Average Americans are winning the war against the “New Fascism” of the Tyranny of the Minority by the sharing of information through Social Media.

All afternoon long on the Social Media, all of the Liberal Political Pundits, both ‘Professional” and self-proclaimed, were lashing out at anything that moves, in a mass hissy fit, resembling a Kindergarten Class that didn’t get their afternoon nap.

Combine Trump’s masterful performance at that Presser with his steadily rising (55%) Approval Rating, found at http://RasmussenReports.com, and it turned into a very enjoyable day for those of us who voted for him out here in America’s Heartland.

So, why are all of us still walking around with a smile on our faces?

We have an AMERICAN President again!

President Donald J. Trump is one of US.

America was formed by men seeking FREEDOM. She grew and prospered because of an indomitable will and spirit forged through the Refiner’s Fire, guided by the common-sense words, inscribed in our Constitution, and administered through a Constitutional Republic. Our nation’s largesse and strength comes through the actions and character of her citizens, not through the usurpation of power by professional politicians, who has long since lost touch with their constituency.

Yep!!!

My comment there:

christinewjc Says:

February 17, 2017 at 9:31 am
I watched the news conference a second time late last night. Got even more out of it! I think you are exactly right that this particular news conference will be watched and studied by many patriots in our nation. The childish antics of the Democrat operatives are being exposed for what they are – The ranting and ravings of losers who cannot get over the results of the election!

When President Trump discussed his attempts to meet with congressman Cummings and how it was revealed that Elijah decided not to meet with him was absolutely epic! It just goes to show that people like Cummings do not genuinely care about fixing the inner city problems. His main concern is about being re-elected and keeping his cushy job and high tax-payer paid salary.

I wish I could explain and convey this information to those who were, and continue to be anti-Trump. But I know that they will not accept this because they watch the media of mass deception stations on TV and take what they say as the truth. Therefore, I avoid discussing politics with them.

President Trump was absolutely correct – the hatred being spewed against him by networks like CNN is undeniable! The lies put forth by the deceptive media are stirring activists to protest and destroy property and injure people who were, and are, Trump supporters. What many television watchers don’t know is that these protesters are being paid by George-evil Soros-Satan (GeorgEvil SoroSatan – the name fits, doesn’t it?)! It is really sad to know that many of the protesters who are interviewed by reporters like Jesse Watters from Fox News do not even know why they are there! But don’t get me started on the crazy, foul-mouthed and disgusting celebrities who spew hatred and untruths about President Trump and his administration!

Thank you for this excellent recap of the news conference!

Hat tip:

Kingsjester’s Blog: 2/16/17: The Day President Trump Held the MSM Accountable For Their Actions.

Also see:

Centinel2012: Hannity: Today we saw a historic beat down of alt-left media


Talk Wisdom

Talk Wisdom's goal is to defend the tenets and values of Biblical Christian faith. We defend our Constitutional Republic and Charters of Freedom, especially when speaking out against destructive social and political issues. As followers of our Savior and Lord, we should boldly stand up for Jesus Christ in our present circumstances. He is our Savior, Lord, and King, and His love needs to be shed abroad in our hearts and in our world - now.

WINTERY KNIGHT

...integrating Christian faith and knowledge in the public square

Cry and Howl

Let not him that girdeth on his harness boast himself as he that putteth it off. I Kings 20:11

pastorwardclinton

Pastor Ward Clinton is a pastor in the Church of The Nazarene and author of a handful of books.

James Bishop's Theological Rationalism

Where Reason and Evidence Meet Faith.

GraceLife Blog

Thoughts About God's Amazing Grace

True Discernment

2 Timothy 4:3-4

The Isaiah 53:5 Project

Life: the time God gives you to determine how you spend eternity

romans122life

Not Conforming, But Reforming

The Apologista

Love, Life, and Logic with Lauren

Eternity Matters

We look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

willisbryanblog

Enough already

Freedom Is Just Another Word...

Rules?? What Are rules? I don't need no stinking rules!!!

Centinel2012

De Oppresso Liber

The Oil for Your Lamp

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." (Hosea 4:6)

Walter Bright

Refining theological understanding. Sharpening ethical rigor. Heightening devotional intensity.

Know Greater Love

"This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers." - 1 John 3:16

Kingsjester's Blog

Opinions from a Christian American Conservative

As Seen Through the Eyes of Faith

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Rom. 10:17) KJV

Narrow is The Way Ministries

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matthew 7:14 (KJV)

Daniel B. Wallace

Executive Director of CSNTM & Senior Professor of NT Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary

The Master's Table

God honoring, Christ Centered

Truth2Freedom's Blog

Faith in Jesus Christ is our response to God's elective purpose in our life. These two truths--God's initiative and man's response--co-exist throughout the Bible. The gospel is "the message of truth" because truth is its predominant characteristic. Salvation was conceived by the God of truth (Ps. 31:5); purchased by the Son, who is the truth (John 14:6); and is applied by the Spirit of truth (John 16:13). To know it is to know the truth that sets men free (John 8:32). Believers are people of the truth (John 18:37), who worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:24), and who obey the Word of truth (John 17:17). People have rejected, neglected, redefined, and opposed God’s truth for centuries. Some cynically deny that truth even exists or that it can be known by men (John 18:38). Others foolishly think that denying truth will somehow make it go away. Truth determines the validity of one's belief. Believing a lie doesn't make it true. Conversely, failing to believe the truth doesn't make it a lie. The gospel is true because Jesus is true, not simply because Christians believe in Him. His resurrection proved the truth of His claims and constitutes the objective basis of our faith (Rom. 1:4; 1 Pet. 1:3). Truth is our protection and strength (Eph. 6:14). Throughout history, people have tried everything imaginable to gain favor with God. Most turn to religion, but religion apart from Christ is merely a satanic counterfeit of the truth. At the heart of every false religion is the notion that man can come to God by any means he chooses--by meditating, doing good deeds, and so on. But Scripture says, "There is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). That name is Jesus Christ, and we come to Him by confessing and repenting of our sin, trusting in His atoning death on the cross, and affirming His bodily resurrection from the grave (cf. Rom. 10:9-10). There is no other way to God. False religious leaders and teachers talk much about God’s love, but not His wrath and holiness; much about how deprived of good things people are, but not about their depravity; much about God’s universal fatherhood toward everyone, but not much about his unique fatherhood toward all who believe in His Son; much about what God wants to give to us, but nothing about the necessity of obedience to Him; much about health and happiness, but nothing about holiness and sacrifice. Their message is full of gaps, the greatest of which leaves out a biblical worldview of the saving gospel and replaces it with the worldview of postmodernism with its dominant ethical system of relativism. The Bible describes mankind in the end times: “always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth” (2 Tim. 3:7). Spiritual answers cannot be deduced by human reason alone (1 Cor. 2:14). It’s not that spiritual truth is irrational or illogical, but that human wisdom is defective, because it’s tainted by man’s sinfulness, and unable to perceive the things of God. That is why the Bible is so important. It gives us the answers we can’t find on our own. It is God’s Word to mankind. Scripture is divinely revealed truth that fills the vacuum of spiritual ignorance in all of us. Post-truth is the word of the year for 2016 and also the philosophy of the day, According to the dictionary, “post-truth” means, “relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief.” Simply put, we now live in a culture that seems to value experience and emotion more than truth. In a “post-truth” world, people make choices based on emotion and experience rather than objective fact. So in a post-truth world, truth is irrelevant. What exactly is a post-truth culture? It’s a culture where truth is no longer an objective reality. It has become subjective. It’s what’s true for me—my beliefs, my opinions, determine my truth. So in our post-truth culture, man determines truth. Man makes himself the ultimate authority. This starting point, which rejects God’s Word and the idea of moral absolutes, makes truth subjective. Truth will never go away no matter how hard one might wish. Christianity is grounded in objective truth. “And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32). Objective truth exists because we have God’s Word. In the Gospel of John, Jesus says, “Sanctify them by Your truth. Thy word is truth” (John 17:17), and Paul and James describe the Bible as “the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15; James 1:18). The Psalmist says, “The entirety of your word is truth” (Psalm 119:160). Jesus Himself said, “For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice” (John 18:37). When Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except by me” (John 14:6), He wasn’t expressing His personal belief or opinion. He was speaking the truth, a fundamental reality that doesn’t change from person to person. It doesn’t matter if our culture thinks all roads lead to God. The truth of the matter is “no one comes to the Father but by [Jesus].” This blogs goal is to, in some small way, put a plug in the broken dam of truth and save as many as possible from the consequences—temporal and eternal. "The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." - George Orwell

Citizen WElls

Obama eligibility, Obama news

Fellowship of the Minds

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

sharia unveiled

illuminating minds

drkatesview

Thoughts on Our Constitutional Republic

We the People of the United States

Fighting the Culture War, One Skirmish at a Time

partneringwitheagles

WHENEVER ANY FORM OF GOVERNMENT BECOMES DESTRUCTIVE OF THESE ENDS (LIFE,LIBERTY,AND THE PERSUIT OF HAPPINESS) IT IS THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO ALTER OR ABOLISH IT, AND TO INSTITUTE A NEW GOVERNMENT...

danmillerinpanama

Dan Miller's blog

Be Sure You're RIGHT, Then Go Ahead

"Our threat is from the insidious forces working from within which have already so drastically altered the character of our free institutions — those institutions we proudly called the American way of life. " -- Gen. Douglas MacArthur

The Last Refuge

Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits - Contact Info: TheLastRefuge@reagan.com

Nice Deb

It is what it is...

The Matt Walsh Blog

Absolute Truths (and alpaca grooming tips)

Eternity Matters

Christianity, politics, family and general ramblings.

WordPress.com

WordPress.com is the best place for your personal blog or business site.