Manifest the Character of Christ in our Present Circumstances

HT for graphic:  tbclife.net

My blog is dedicated to defending the tenets and values of the Biblical Christian faith and worldview.  The apostle Paul said Christians were to overthrow “[i.e. atheist,  false religions, cults, apostasy, heresy] arguments and every high thing [i.e.  false philosophy of naturalistic science, dictators, tyrants, evildoers and their worldviews] that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5).

To engage the world, however, requires that we understand the ideas that compete for people’s minds and hearts.  Humanism is the world’s oldest religion.  All secularists are certainly “like God” in that they believe their knowledge is far superior to that of the Lord of the Bible.  To understand this man-centered dogma requires knowledge of the five basic tenets of humanism:  atheism (no one plus nothing times blind chance equals everything), evolution (design emerges without an intelligent designer), amorality (without a conscience and denying a Bible-based morality), unchecked human autonomy (history proves that unrestrained man has a natural penchant for criminality and inhumanity – [update:  the radical political Islamist terrorism going on across the world today is the perfect example]), and global socialism (e.g. communism has failed to provide freedom, liberty, and prosperity – in fact, the communist manifesto contains tenets that deliberately take away freedom, kill liberty, and steal prosperity).   Here in America, we know it by another name – “progressivism.”  Take a hard look at the last 6 years – the programmed regressives –  ‘progressives;’ have attempted to destroy everything good about America all by themselves!

In addition to humanism and their faulty governments, there are various false and cultic religions [e.g. the rise of radical Islamic terrorism – spreading evil throughout the world!]which undermine the Word of God and claim that Jesus is not who the Bible specifically claims he is; namely, the one and only eternal Son of God.  Jesus’ virgin birth as God Incarnate, His ministry on earth, His sacrificial death for man’s sins and ultimate resurrection to life is the ONLY provision given by God the Father for the salvation of mankind. 

Currently, there are many liberal churches claiming to be “Christian” that reject portions of the Bible that their particular ideology refuses to accept.  They attempt to re-make Jesus into whom they think he should be [thus, making Jesus into their own image] ignoring God’s timeless laws written down for all eternity in the Bible. Many of these types of churches are involved with gross apostasy and have, unfortunately, led many unsuspecting people down the wrong path to eternal separation from the very God they claim to worship. This is why it is essential for each and every individual believer to know the Scriptures…so they can recognize absolute truth from relativistic error.  Such apostasy is predicted to rise as the end times approach and is described in prophetic detail in several books of the New Testament, such as 1st and 2nd Timothy, Jude and Revelation.


The gospel is a proclamation about Jesus. It tells how the one true God of the universe has “dealt in Jesus Christ with sin, death, guilt, and shame, and now summons men and women everywhere to abandon the idols which hold them captive to these things and to discover a new life, and a new way of life in him.”

HT for graphic:  newlife.com


One of the most recognizable idols of today is adherence to the false philosophy of naturalism in the biological sciences and theory of origins. This leads us to the question:   is man created in the image of God, with a mind, soul, spirit, and moral nature? Or is he an evolving animal with no soul, no spirit, a physical brain, and an evolving moral and legal structure to match?

Much of Western history over the last 170 years has chronicled the struggle over this question. Intelligent Design Theory is emerging as a legitimate challenge to the dogma of Darwinism by presenting the right questions on these issues. In the beginning were there just the “particles” or was there a mind, an Intelligent Designer,  behind the creation of the universe?


The Bible further instructs us to preach the whole Word of God (2 Timothy 4:2), which includes being the salt of the earth and asserting a moral influence. In this age of moral relativism, the person who holds a pro-moral position is often attacked or ridiculed. If a story can be slanted to the left of the political or religious spectrum, it will be. If an event involves abortion or homosexuality, the news will be slanted in a pro-abortion and pro-homosexual agenda direction.

Back in 1992, Dan Quayle was ridiculed and called “arrogant,” “aggressive,” and “offensive” because he argued for objective moral truths – not personal preferences. “This subtle distinction,” said the late Chuck Colson, “is at the heart of the moral conflicts dividing our culture today.”  Since then, these moral conflicts have gotten even worse!  Today, you are considered “homophobic” if you believe that marriage is the union of one man and one woman.  You are called a “religious nut” if you believe that abortion is the murder of an unborn child in the womb.  You are called “anti-immigrant” if you believe that our borders need to be secured and our LAWS ON THE BOOKS should be enforced to prevent illegal aliens from ILLEGALLY crossing the border.  You are labeled a “racist” today…well…for any reason that the million-dollar-tax-evader,  Al Sharpton, deems is an “offense” to black people.

So much is upside down and corruption abounds!  Good is being labeled as “evil” and evil is being pushed upon the public as “good.”

 Ask God what He would have you do in this centuries-old war between the wisdom of God and the wisdom of man. The powerful pagan forces that opposed Elijah (1 Kings 18), that fought our Lord (Matthew 16) and that battled Paul (Acts 17) are among us still; forces that seek to throw off the moral cords of God (Psalm 2) and declare themselves liberated – only to find themselves slaves to their own passions and ideas (2 Peter 2:19).

I continue to write this blog and I am dedicated to use this site in order to share the Gospel of Christ and to alert Christians to the pagan dogmas that exist today. We are in a battle for the hearts, minds, souls, and spirits of our children. How can you help to save the United States of America for the sake of our children and grandchildren?


My prayer is that God will open the eyes of His people to the need to know and defend the one worldview that speaks to reality – to the real world – namely, Biblical Christianity. Every believer knows that some day the kingdoms of this world will “become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever” (Revelation 11:15). It is each Christian’s moral duty to live, wait, watch, and work for such a time and especially to manifest the character of Christ in our present circumstances. He is our Savior, Lord, and King, and His love needs to be shed abroad in our hearts and in our world – now.


James Russell Lowell reminds us:

Once to every man and nation
Comes the moment to decide,
In the strife of Truth with falsehood
For the good or evil side.
Then it is the brave man chooses
While the coward stands aside.

Lord Jesus, You are the “still point” in our turning world. Help us to find our security in You alone. Amen.
In Christ’s service,
Christine

[This essay first appeared at my original website.  It has now been adapted for this Talk Wisdom blog.]

Advertisements

Tags: , , , ,

9 Responses to “Manifest the Character of Christ in our Present Circumstances”

  1. GMpilot Says:

    My blog is dedicated to defending the tenets and values of the Biblical Christian faith and worldview. The apostle Paul said Christians were to overthrow “[atheist, false religions, cults, apostasy, heresy] arguments and every high thing [e.g. false philosophy of naturalistic science, dictators, tyrants, evildoers and their worldviews] that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5).
    Reminding us of your mission statement, I see. Well, let’s begin.

    [atheist, false religions, cults, apostasy, heresy]
    That’s ‘atheISM’–you got your form wrong. (The others are correct.)

    [e.g. false philosophy of naturalistic science, dictators, tyrants, evildoers and their worldviews]
    ‘Naturalistic science’ is not a philosophy—it’s science. The opposite of ‘naturalistic science’ would be ‘supernaturalistic science’, which really is philosophy. One feature of science is that it can be repeated; the supernatural has everything happening only once, never to be repeated. I believe they are popularly called “miracles”.

    that exalts itself against the knowledge of God
    How can this be possible, since no one—certainly no Christian—can claim to know exactly (or even partially) what god knows? Many of the deity’s self-proclaimed spokesmen have declared “we have the mind of Christ” (1 Cr 2:16), but subsequent events have constantly shown this to be untrue.

    bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ
    One of the marks of tyrants is they find individuality of thought to be dangerous to their power. Their ways of curbing this include indoctrination (defining “heresy”), social ostracism, imprisonment, punishment, and death. All of the above have been attributed to religions, and often the followers of religions have exercised it themselves, in place of their deity, whom they were sure would do likewise if he/she/it was aware.

    To engage the world, however, requires that we understand the ideas that compete for people’s minds and hearts. Humanism is the world’s oldest religion.
    I would wish to see—as you say–”book, chapter, and verse” that says that.

    All secularists are certainly “like God” in that they believe their knowledge is far superior to that of the Lord of the Bible. To understand this man-centered dogma requires knowledge of the five basic tenets of humanism:
    atheism (no one plus nothing times blind chance equals everything),

    Atheism is a position regarding gods and the supernatural: we do not believe them. We find it a simpler position than “no one plus nothing plus supernatural being equals everything”.

    evolution (design emerges without an intelligent designer),
    If this ‘designer’ exists, there is no evidence for it, nor any sign of intelligence. There is evidence that this designer may not be competent.

    amorality (without a conscience and denying a Bible-based morality),
    Biblical-based morality demonstrates that renting out one’s wife to gain material favors, taking young women into sexual servitude, incestuous relations (when one party, preferably the male, is drunk), and owning other people that are not of one’s own tribe, are all acceptable.
    Please, if you would, provide an example of some good deed or action that makes no sense under atheism, and that an atheist would not, could not, do.

    unchecked human autonomy (history proves that unrestrained man has a natural penchant for criminality and inhumanity),
    The crucial word here is “unchecked”. You can’t break laws that you don’t know about, because it can’t be shown that you broke them on purpose. Setting someone up to break those laws and punishing them for doing so is more inhuman than the offense. Who restrains the lawgivers?

    and global socialism (e.g. communism has failed to provide freedom, liberty, and prosperity – in fact, the communist manifesto contains tenets that deliberately take away freedom, kill liberty, and steal prosperity).
    A certain well-known publication said of its members, “And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.” (Act 2:44~45) Sounds like socialism to me.
    Communism, BTW, is an outgrowth of socialism, just as Protestantism is an outgrowth of Catholicism.

    Here in America, we know it by another name – “progressivism.” Take a hard look at the last 6 years – the programmed regressives – ‘progressives;’ have attempted to destroy everything good about America all by themselves!
    “Regressive” is the opposite of “progressive”. If you oppose progressivism, and you obviously do, then that makes you the regressive. Overall, the nation is in much better shape than it was seven years ago!

    That’s all I have time for now. Excuse me while I say goodbye to the Christine who was here for the past six weeks. I’ll miss her.

    Like

  2. Manifest the Character of Christ in our Present Circumstances | Christians Anonymous Says:

    […] Source: Manifest the Character of Christ in our Present Circumstances […]

    Like

  3. christinewjc Says:

    GM,

    Humanism is a religion. It is man who thinks (and exalts) himself above God, most assuredly because they reject the God of the Bible.

    Chapters and verses:

    Psa 14:1

    To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

    The fool has said in his heart,
    “There is no God.”
    They are corrupt,
    They have done abominable works,
    There is none who does good.

    Psa 53:1

    To the Chief Musician. Set to “Mahalath.” A Contemplation [fn] of David.

    The fool has said in his heart,
    “There is no God.”
    They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity;
    There is none who does good.

    Having “the mind of Christ” means following Him and His Word. Those who reject Christ will eternally be guilty of their own sin upon their souls and will be judged for it at The Great White Throne Judgment. Believers in Christ will be raptured and enjoy the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. They will appear at the Judgment Seat of Christ where their faith in Jesus covers their sins and thus they will be given crowns for the works that they have done on earth. Of course, believers will throw their “crowns” at the feet of Jesus; knowing that the salvation, grace, and mercy of Him who was slain from the foundations of the world is the only one worthy.

    The theory of evolution contains ideas that have never been proven. A cat evolving into a dog has never been observed, yet people take the professors of this theory at their “word” that macro-evolution is true. That is a form of philosophy – not scientific evidence or fact.

    Christine wrote:

    atheism (no one plus nothing times blind chance equals everything),

    GM wrote:

    Atheism is a position regarding gods and the supernatural: we do not believe them. We find it a simpler position than “no one plus nothing plus supernatural being equals everything”

    .

    It’s a “simpler” position? Try impossible position!

    Gen 1:1

    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

    Take the very first part of that verse:

    In the beginning God

    God exists outside of the scientific laws that He created for our benefit.

    The second part of that verse tells of His expansive creativity.

    created the heavens and the earth.

    It is a much more intuitive explanation than what you wrote.

    As far as your statement, “there is no evidence of design or the Designer” goes, I will just answer via Scripture:

    Creator

    creation

    GM wrote:

    Please, if you would, provide an example of some good deed or action that makes no sense under atheism, and that an atheist would not, could not, do.

    An atheist will not, and/or refuses to believe in God.

    Isa 44:6

    “Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel,
    And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
    ‘I am the First and I am the Last;
    Besides Me there is no God.

    Atheists often demand to see God the Father, yet they reject His Son who has declared Him and was sent to save us from our sins.

    Jhn 1:18

    No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, [fn] who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

    Atheists refuse to admit that Jesus is Lord because they have refused God’s offer of salvation through Christ. Thus, the Holy Spirit does not indwell them.

    1Co 12:3

    Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

    Atheists make accusations against the God of the Bible when His Righteous judgments are made.

    1Jo 1:5

    This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

    The science that atheists hold so dear was created by God for our purposes here on this earth. When sin corrupted the perfection of creation, the penalty had been paid by Jesus Christ. Those who believe in Him will reign with Him in eternity, The Lamb is Christ – and the glory of God eliminates the need of the sun or moon for Christ is the Light.

    Rev 20:6

    Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

    Rev 21:23

    The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, [fn] for the glory [fn] of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.

    We have been given a conscience by God to instinctively know right vs. wrong. When that is ignored, then man sins – first against God and then against his fellow man.

    Today, Islamic terrorist killers murdered 12 journalists in cold blood in Paris. The following verses tell us about their consciences being defiled.

    Tit 1:15

    To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled.

    1Ti 4:1

    Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

    1Ti 4:2

    speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,

    In contrast, believers have their consciences renewed day by day through their assurance of faith in Christ.

    Heb 10:19

    Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,

    Heb 10:20

    by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,

    Heb 10:21

    and having a High Priest over the house of God,

    Heb 10:22

    let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

    Heb 10:23

    Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

    Christians will never be perfect this side of heaven, but we worship the Savior who is perfect.

    1Jo 3:2

    Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

    About your enthusiasm for “socialism.” First of all you neglected to quote two important verses after Acts 2:44-45.

    Act 2:46

    So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,

    Act 2:47

    praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church [fn] daily those who were being saved.

    Notice the terms “temple” and “church” regarding those who were sharing?

    Most indications of political socialism have been complete and utter failures! The fact is that so-called “progressivism” [and I stick with my description that it is more like programmed regressivism because the uninformed continue to follow it despite all the terrible damage being done to our nation under the plethora of lies that Zero and his ilk have told, as well as the cover-up of his upbringing by the media of mass deception.] is just another word for socialism which leads to communism and tyrannical rule over the people. History is filled with examples! That is why our Founders created a Constitutional Republic (NOT a democracy – which is what Democrats and RHINOS often use to describe our nation). Ben Franklin did warn us with his words after he answered a woman’s question regarding “what kind of government have you given us?” Franklin replied, “a Republic – if you can keep it.”

    But that’s a topic for another time.

    GM wrote:

    Overall, the nation is in much better shape than it was seven years ago!

    If you really believe that, then you are even more delusional than I could ever have imagined! Did you not pay attention to the landslide Republican victory on Nov. 4th?

    No wonder you haven’t been able to respond to my former post that asked Is Liberalism (a.k.a. Programmed Regressivism) Intellectually Bankrupt?

    Like

  4. GMpilot Says:

    CJW: The theory of evolution contains ideas that have never been proven. A cat evolving into a dog has never been observed, yet people take the professors of this theory at their “word” that macro-evolution is true. That is a form of philosophy – not scientific evidence or fact.
    Please name one of those ‘ideas that have never been proven’, and why it hasn’t. Just one. If you can.
    Cats don’t evolve into dogs because they are different species (or “kinds” as the IDiots like to describe them). There is a dog ‘kind’ and a cat ‘kind’ and they are always separate from each other, but they share many characteristics. A cat can never evolve into a dog, but a wolf can. A cat can evolve into a cougar, and did.
    No wonder you dislike evolution; you don’t understand it well enough!

    God exists outside of the scientific laws that He created for our benefit.
    Then how can this god use these laws, if it exists ‘outside’ of them?

    GM wrote:
    Please, if you would, provide an example of some good deed or action that makes no sense under atheism, and that an atheist would not, could not, do.
    An atheist will not, and/or refuses to believe in God.
    First, that is not an example I asked for. Read it again.
    Second, an atheist does not believe in gods. Not “will not” or “refuses to”: does not. You forget that many atheists once did believe. Your god means no more to me than Allah, or Shiva. I’m an equal-opportunity disbeliever.

    Atheists often demand to see God the Father, yet they reject His Son who has declared Him and was sent to save us from our sins.
    I’ve seen neither father nor son. One of the biggest boosters of the son was a man who never met him in the flesh. If either of these deities don’t like the way I live, let them tell me, not some self-appointed spokesperson.
    The science that atheists hold so dear was created by God for our purposes here on this earth. When sin corrupted the perfection of creation, the penalty had been paid by Jesus Christ.
    A perfect creation would leave no room for sin, wouldn’t you think? And if Jesus paid the penalty, then everything’s all right now and all sin is gone, right?

    If you really believe that, then you are even more delusional than I could ever have imagined! Did you not pay attention to the landslide Republican victory on Nov. 4th?
    Landslide? OK, if you say so. We’ll know for sure two years from now, if GOPers take the Executive. Meanwhile, let’s see how well they govern with both the House and the Senate.

    No wonder you haven’t been able to respond to my former post that asked Is Liberalism (a.k.a. Programmed Regressivism) Intellectually Bankrupt?
    Oh, you’re still interested in that? Very well, I’ll accommodate you.

    Like

  5. GMpilot Says:

    In addition to humanism and their faulty governments, there are various false and cultic religions [e.g. the rise of radical Islamic terrorism – spreading evil throughout the world!]
    Christianity itself was considered a cult until Emperor Constantine gave it his support; it didn’t become a proper ‘religion’ until the 3rd century CE. Until then, it was regarded to be a radical form of Judaism.

    which undermine the Word of God and claim that Jesus is not who the Bible specifically claims he is; namely, the one and only eternal Son of God. Jesus’ virgin birth as God Incarnate, His ministry on earth, His sacrificial death for man’s sins and ultimate resurrection to life is the ONLY provision given by God the Father for the salvation of mankind.
    Jesus never claimed to be the only son of god. In fact, for most of his ministry, he described himself as merely the messenger, not the message itself.

    Currently, there are many liberal churches claiming to be “Christian” that reject portions of the Bible that their particular ideology refuses to accept.
    Many conservative churches claiming to be Christian emphasize portions of the bible to the exclusion of other portions which their ideologies refuse to accept. The Southern Baptists fit that description; so do the Amish. Neither has, to my knowledge, ever been described as ‘liberal’.

    They attempt to re-make Jesus into whom they think he should be [thus, making Jesus into their own image] ignoring God’s timeless laws written down for all eternity in the Bible. Many of these types of churches are involved with gross apostasy and have, unfortunately, led many unsuspecting people down the wrong path to eternal separation from the very God they claim to worship.
    This is a problem for other believers to address. Traditionally, they ignore it unless it imposes itself upon them; in earlier times it was frequently settled (or not) by internecine war. It has been said that no kingdom has suffered more civil wars than the kingdom of Christ, and one would think that if it really mattered to the deity, he would intervene to stop it.

    This is why it is essential for each and every individual believer to know the Scriptures…so they can recognize absolute truth from relativistic error. Such apostasy is predicted to rise as the end times approach and is described in prophetic detail in several books of the New Testament, such as 1st and 2nd Timothy, Jude and Revelation.
    Again, this is a problem for other believers to address, and let non-Christians sort it out among themselves.

    The gospel is a proclamation about Jesus. It tells how the one true God of the universe has “dealt in Jesus Christ with sin, death, guilt, and shame, and now summons men and women everywhere to abandon the idols which hold them captive to these things and to discover a new life, and a new way of life in him.”
    One of the most recognizable idols of today is adherence to the false philosophy of naturalism in the biological sciences and theory of origins. This leads us to the question: is man created in the image of God, with a mind, soul, spirit, and moral nature? Or is he an evolving animal with no soul, no spirit, a physical brain, and an evolving moral and legal structure to match?

    The latter, of course. After thousands of years, no religion anywhere has ever produced any evidence of any souls or spirits. Those who do claim that are derided by members of other religions as “false”. Moral and legal structures do evolve, as we learn what works and what does not. Slavery, condoned and widely practiced in the past, is now regarded with horror by nearly all cultures, as is human sacrifice. Robbery and murder have always been roundly condemned, and the more backward cultural corners have changed over time, as its inhabitants learn that “the old ways” no longer work.

    Much of Western history over the last 170 years has chronicled the struggle over this question. Intelligent Design Theory is emerging as a legitimate challenge to the dogma of Darwinism by presenting the right questions on these issues.
    Intelligent Design is not a theory. It is barely a hypothesis. It presents a challenge to evolution only in the minds of its adherents. Mostly it consists of saying “god did it” and never explaining how this was done. If explained, it is usually by individual “miracles” which are impossible to replicate, so there is no way to conclude if they are correct or not. Above all, it never, never attempts to explain why an all-powerful, self-sufficient being would ever want to create anything other than itself.
    Also, to maintain the illusion of science, it never mentions the word “god”, substituting the word “designer” in its place. But at the end of the day, intelligent design is simply creationism in a lab coat.

    In the beginning were there just the “particles” or was there a mind, an Intelligent Designer, behind the creation of the universe?
    “Creation”, as its followers like to point out, implies a creator. There is in fact no reason to think that the universe had to be “created” at all. If the deity has always existed, as believers claim, why can’t the same be said for the universe itself?

    The Bible further instructs us to preach the whole Word of God (2 Timothy 4:2), which includes being the salt of the earth and asserting a moral influence.
    The scorecard is spotty, at best.

    In this age of moral relativism, the person who holds a pro-moral position is often attacked or ridiculed. If a story can be slanted to the left of the political or religious spectrum, it will be.
    Everyone is “pro-moral”, whatever that is supposed to mean. People used to say that slavery was moral on the grounds that it provided a higher standard of living for the slaves, as well as opportunities for Christian education. To this day, some people believe it was a beneficial system…but they assume that it could never be applied to them.
    In the past decade I have seen a number of political and religious stories slanted to the right. Many of them have been addressed on this very site (and its predecessors).

    If an event involves abortion or homosexuality, the news will be slanted in a pro-abortion and pro-homosexual agenda direction.
    Back in 1992, Dan Quayle was ridiculed and called “arrogant,” “aggressive,” and “offensive” because he argued for objective moral truths – not personal preferences. “This subtle distinction,” said the late Chuck Colson, “is at the heart of the moral conflicts dividing our culture today.”

    Moral truths are not objective: they are always subject to the person(s) invoking them. Also, many of what are called ‘moral truths’ are merely cultural ones, and therefore not universal. I know you have not traveled much, but think of the different lands you’ve read about, and the strange and wonderful ways people react with each other…and then try and visualize ten rules of conduct that would be applicable in all those societies. Can’t be done–which is why even in the Christian tradition, it’s usually reduced to just two. But I’ll bet that you have ten rules that you want me to obey, and if one of them says not to worship carved idols, I can imagine how universal the other nine are. If you try to apply those ten rules everywhere you go, you are not being moral; you’re just looking for a fancy way to commit suicide.
    Chuck Colson had to be knocked off his own high horse to attain his enlightenment. A few years in jail can shake even a presidential hatchet man (which he was).
    Since then, these moral conflicts have gotten even worse! Today, you are considered “homophobic” if you believe that marriage is the union of one man and one woman.
    I support a ‘biblical’ view of marriage, but I can’t afford two wives and a cluster of concubines!
    You are called a “religious nut” if you believe that abortion is the murder of an unborn child in the womb.
    And rightly so. Even your sacred book does not consider a foetus as a ‘child’.
    You are called “anti-immigrant” if you believe that our borders need to be secured and our LAWS ON THE BOOKS should be enforced to prevent illegal aliens from ILLEGALLY crossing the border. You are labeled a “racist” today…well…for any reason that the million-dollar-tax-evade, Al Sharpton, deems is an “offense” to black people.
    Including calling a certain president ‘an alien’ and ‘illegitimate’ just because he happens to be darker than all the presidents before him? I’ve seen that claim expressed here, by you and others.

    So much is upside down and corruption abounds! Good is being labeled as “evil” and evil is being pushed upon the public as “good.”
    Ask God what He would have you do in this centuries-old war between the wisdom of God and the wisdom of man. The powerful pagan forces that opposed Elijah (1 Kings 18), that fought our Lord (Matthew 16) and that battled Paul (Acts 17) are among us still; forces that seek to throw off the moral cords of God (Psalm 2) and declare themselves liberated – only to find themselves slaves to their own passions and ideas (2 Peter 2:19).

    Christians are immune to these, of course: they always do what their god tells them to do (or what they believe god is telling them to do. Kidnapping non-Christian children in order to raise them in the One True Religion; or murdering large numbers of what even they acknowledge to be the Chosen People; or god’s children waging war on god’s other children…yep, they’re free from such passions and ideas.
    You damn Sharpton, but praise Colson? Talk about a beam in one’s eye…

    I continue to write this blog and I am dedicated to use this site in order to share the Gospel of Christ and to alert Christians to the pagan dogmas that exist today. We are in a battle for the hearts, minds, souls, and spirits of our children. How can you help to save the United States of America for the sake of our children and grandchildren?
    I did my part when I wore a uniform, and I continue to do it now. Only the tools are different. And I will continue to point out your flawed reasoning.

    My prayer is that God will open the eyes of His people to the need to know and defend the one worldview that speaks to reality – to the real world – namely, Biblical Christianity.
    If you believe in an invisible deity who rules the universe and is personally concerned with you—that is not reality, it is narcissism. Sorry.

    Every believer knows that some day the kingdoms of this world will “become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever” (Revelation 11:15). It is each Christian’s moral duty to live, wait, watch, and work for such a time and especially to manifest the character of Christ in our present circumstances. He is our Savior, Lord, and King, and His love needs to be shed abroad in our hearts and in our world – now.
    Maybe such divine love does need to be shed, but very little of it may be found here. Even less of it has been spread beyond this site. Love and mercy does not come from gods; even if they exist, they have no need for them. Only humans do. Most religious traditions declare the best way to show your god how much you love his is to show your fellow men how much you love them. From your writings, you share that love only with your fellow Christians, and not even all of them.

    Okay, I’ve said my piece. Have at it.

    Like

  6. christinewjc Says:

    GM – If you like what “Samson blinded” has to say, then why not post comments there?

    You have said your peace, and I have said mine. Readers who come here can decide what is truth and what is not.

    Like

  7. Cry and Howl Says:

    Holy Moly!
    I can’t get into a lot of the detail as I don’t have that much free time.
    “If this ‘designer’ exists, there is no evidence for it, nor any sign of intelligence.”
    Really Mr. Pilot? Where’s the ‘evidence’ against the ‘designer?’
    Obviously Mr. Pilot knows nothing about “Biblical based morality.” Please raise your hand if you know why the Jews are hated world wide and basically since the beginning of time or, (I know we’re dealing with someone looking for any minute mistake) since the Law of Moses was handed down? … No? It’s because the vast majority of people cannot stand the divine good delivered … and that was delivered to … the Jews. (that’s the condenced version … I don’t like wasting my time)
    Now, let’s take a peek at the difference between Mr. Pilot and my dear friend Christine.
    When Mr. Pilot witnesses the tragedies in the world such as disease, famine, and yea possibly personal tragedy, his reaction, most likely, judging from his past writings is to blame a god he doesn’t even believe in to begin with … or maybe even shake his fist.
    On the other hand dear Christine when witnessing disease, famine or personal tragedy … humbles herself in prayer knowing that God has a plan for everything and is merciful.
    And I think that the result is Christine is more fullfilled.
    We’re not required to answer the multitude of blithering questions and scenarios presented by folks like Mr. Pilot.
    “If God can do anything, can He make a rock too heavy for Him to lift?”
    And then questions about the Trinity … three ‘persons’ but one God which is a favorite topic of Muslims accusing Christians of worshipping three gods. There really is no defining answer beyond the presence of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit all witnessing the baptism of Jesus Christ. Or like in 1st Peter, how he mentions the three … “foreknowledge of God the Father … sanctification of the Spirit … obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. But again, explaining these things are not our responsibility. The mysteries of God are His to undertand and our responsibility is simply to believe.
    Oh, if there are typos and or mispellings please forgive me, I’m in a hurry.

    Liked by 1 person

  8. christinewjc Says:

    Wow Steve! Thank you so much! Excellent commentary that you have shared here and I really appreciate it!

    “Mr. Pilot” only comes here to counter anything and everything that is revealed by God through the writers that HE appointed via the Bible. Since GM’s intentions never change, there comes a time when we need to “shake the dust” off of our sandals (as it says in the book of Acts) and let his silly rants stand in comparison (and in full view) to what is shared by Christians brothers like you. Oh…he might show up to attempt to counter what you have written with some drivel – but the followers of this blog who read here will most likely instantly be able to spot the liar and just whom is sharing the truth. GM is a wannabe K. Eichenwald of NewsWEAK – who recently used his rag magazine to attack Christians and God’s Word.

    I just finished reading a great counter-punch article about the NewsWEAK crappola (wouldn’t read that rag directly) that attempted to discredit Christians and denigrate the Bible. Dr. Albert Mohler did a great job of countering K. Eichenwald’s ridiculous and inaccurate screed. I think that I will include that link in a new post.

    Thanks again for being a great Christian brother and posting comments here whenever you can – I greatly appreciate your input Steve!

    Your friend and sister in Christ,
    Christine

    Liked by 1 person

  9. GMpilot Says:

    “When the argument is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” –Socrates

    So who’s not answering questions now?

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: