As I continue to read and study via the current Turning Point series about the end times (called “Agents of the Apocalypse), I find it quite sobering to see how difficult it will be for individuals left behind after the Rapture of the Church during the Tribulation years. But there are also bright spots to consider! This particular book and series has presented evidence (via Scripture) just how important the Messianic Jews will be (particularly regarding the two witnesses and the 144,000) in helping unbelievers come to Christ before it’s too late.
The fictional stories at the beginning of each chapter are backed up by Scripture within each “Agent” description. It is truly fascinating! Despite the fact that I have studied and read many books on Revelation, there is always something else to glean from this extraordinary book! Dr. Jeremiah has done a masterful job sharing many facts through the various agent descriptions and how they fit into the entire scenario. Many prophetic writers within the entire Bible (including the Old Testament ones of Daniel, Isaiah and others; as well as New Testament Scriptures (including Matthew, Mark, John etc. as well a 2 Thessalonians, Philippians) point us towards the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
A chart in Dr. David Jeremiah’s new book and T.V. series, “Agents of the Apocalypse” reveals the stark contrast between Christ and the Antichrist (“anti” which means “against” or “instead of”).
1. Son of God (John 1:34)
2. Holy One (Mark 1:24)
3. Came down from heaven (John 3:13)
4. Energized by the Holy Spirit (Luke 4:14)
5. Does the Father’s will (John 6:38)
6. Cleansed the Temple (John 2:14-16)
7. Man of Sorrows (Isaiah 53:3)
8. Humbled Himself (Philippians 2:8)
9. Called “the Lamb” (John 1:36)
10. Received up to heaven (Luke 24:51)
1. Son of perdition (2 Thessalonians 2:3)
2. Lawless one (2 Thessalonians 2:8)
3. Came up from the bottomless pit (Revelation 11:7)
4. Energized by Satan (Revelation 13;4)
5. Does his own will (Daniel 11;36)
6. Defiles the Temple (Matthew 24)
7. Man of sin (2 Thessalonians 2:3)
8. Exalts himself (Daniel 11:37)
9. Called the beast (Revelation 11:7)
10. Sent to the lake of fire (Revelation 19:20)
Dr. Jeremiah writes:
Paul-Henri Spaak, the prime minister of Belgium in the 1930s and 1940s, reportedly made the following statement:
The truth is that the method of international committees has failed. What we need is a person, someone of the highest order or great experience, of great authority, of wide influence, of great energy. Let him come and let him come quickly. Either a civilian or a military man, no matter what his nationality, who will cut all the red tape, shove out…all the committees, wake up all the people and galvanize all governments into action. 1
When the Antichrist ascends the global stage, the world will be waiting to receive him in precisely this way.
Millions cannot help but notice how many people had fallen for the rhetoric and lies of the current occupant in the White House. It just goes to show how easily people (who don’t know Jesus Christ and haven’t studied the Bible) can, and will be deceived when the beast from the sea emerges during the Tribulation.
1 Quoted in Robert Glenn Gromacki, Are These the Last Days? (Old Tappan, NJ: Revell, 1970), 110.
See The Beast of the Earth episode which was broadcast this past Sunday.