The Big Game is Over…Now What?

How about the opportunity to learn about and Discover The Wonderful Reality of Heaven?

Answers to Questions About Heaven

A Fascinating Tour of Your Heavenly Home

The Bible contains over 500 references to heaven. In this brand new resource Dr. Jeremiah offers specific answers to  75 questions about heaven. as simply, readably, and biblically as possible.

The Super Bowl is over. Did the team you favored to win succeed?  All the hype that has been shared over the past two weeks on every Fox network and sports channel has come to an end, now that we know the winner of the game.  And…that is all that it is…a game.  But for so many people, it was the most important event that happened today.  A football game captured their hearts, minds, souls and physical presence…as millions of people watched in the stadium, at sports bars, or at their homes.

The enthusiasm for a football game isn’t wrong, mind you, but I think that millions of people don’t realize what they are missing when they don’t know the God of the Bible, His Son, Jesus Christ, or the eternal destination called heaven.

Earlier this morning, I experienced a much greater joy than a football game when I watched Dr. David Jeremiah of Turning Point Ministries share a sermon on answers to questions about heaven.  Non-believers probably don’t know much about heaven, but even many Christians do not know much about it!  Why?  Because they don’t study the Bible.  Another big reason is that maybe Christian pastors in churches all across America do not share the particular Scriptures that give us glimpses into what heaven will be like.  If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, don’t you agree that it might be very  important to know all that we can learn about our final destination when we leave this world?

I encourage readers to watch this week’s episode:

David Jeremiah.org: Beyond This World: What’s Up With Heaven?

If you don’t know much about heaven, then I encourage readers to view the entire series which will be aired from Feb. 2 – Mar. 30, 2014.

Dr. Jeremiah admits that many things about heaven are not easy to understand. It isn’t like earth, which we know, currently experience, and are used to living in. We have never visited heaven. Even the drawings of what heaven might be like (we have no photos of it!) fall short of what it will be like. Our minds eye cannot even fathom it, yet our souls long to be there one day.
Dr. Jeremiah:

We are left with Scripture alone to inform us about our eternal home and answer the many questions that arise.

One of the most impressive things about the study guide is the fact that it is not based on the speculation of a preacher, or even the writer of the guide. It is filled with Scripture references and descriptions about heaven – many of which were difficult for the prophet writing about it to describe.
For example:

The Bible says, “No man shall see [God], and live” (Exodus 33:20). Therefore, when John looked into heaven, he only saw the appearance of God and tried to put it into words as best he could: “…like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.” A jasper stone is what we know as a diamond, and the sardius is our ruby. So John saw a brilliant, multifaceted stone that sparkled in the light. Somehow, what John saw was best described in terms of brilliance, worth, beauty, and light. Who among us could have described it any better? It is hard to find words in any human language to describe the appearance of God. All John could do, and all we can do, is describe the impact of His presence, not His person. Describing God is like describing the wind –the best we can do is describe the presence or impact or appearance of the wind, not the wind itself.

That is so wonderfully stated! John’s experience informs us that worship is not about us — it’s about Him [God]! Worship is not about here –it’s about there! Our focus should be on God – not ourselves! We worship Him because of Who He Is, and what He has done for us through His Son, Jesus Christ!

The worthiness of Jesus Christ to open the scrolls at the culmination of all of human history is described in Revelation 5:

Rev 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals.


Rev 5:2 Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?”


Rev 5:3 And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it.


Rev 5:4 So I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open and read [fn] the scroll, or to look at it.

During his vision, John “wept much” because “no one was found worthy” to open and read the scroll, or to even look at it!
But watch what happens next:

Rev 5:5 But one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose [fn] its seven seals.”


Rev 5:6 And I looked, and behold, [fn] in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.


Rev 5:7 Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.

The Lamb who had been slain was Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary. He, and he alone is worthy to open the scroll!

Rev 5:8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.


Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,


Rev 5:10 And have made us [fn] kings [fn] and priests to our God; And we [fn] shall reign on the earth.”

You see, the only way for all of us to have been redeemed was by the shed blood of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins. If Christ had not completed his mission, he would have re-entered heaven alone – without “every tribe and tongue, and people and nation.” Through what Christ did, we are made “kings and priests to our God” and it is revealed that we shall “reign on the earth” [a reference to the Millennium where Christ rules on the earth for 1,000 years] with Christ!

Rev 5:11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands,


Rev 5:12 saying with a loud voice: “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain To receive power and riches and wisdom, And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”


Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honor and glory and power [Be] to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!” [fn]


Rev 5:14 Then the four living creatures said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four [fn] elders fell down and worshiped Him who lives forever and ever. [fn]

Seeing Jesus Christ is going to be so awesome. Indescribable, in fact! We will realize the reality of Jesus being “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain To receive power and riches and wisdom, And strength and honor and glory and blessing!” All we could do is fall on our knees in worship and adoration for our King!

Dr. Jeremiah writes:

In C.S. Lewis’s allegory The Great Divorce, he tells of a man who journeys to heaven and finds it to be grander in scale and more beautiful than he could have imagined. Hell, he discovers, is the opposite, a fleck of dust by comparison with heaven. In the same way, Lewis suggests our lives in this world get smaller and smaller the more we comprehend the grandeur of heaven and eternity. Seeing heaven was for John like us walking up to the edge of the Grand Canyon for the first time–speechless in wonder.

This world is passing away. But heaven will last forever! Before his ascension to the Father, Jesus informed us that he is going “to prepare a place for you [us], so that where I [he] go [goes], there you [we] will be also. If it were not so, I would have told you.”
Jesus accomplished all that he said he would during his three year ministry here on earth. His promises can be trusted. Our faith is not a blind faith, for we see through the eyes of faith in a Person – Jesus Christ – who did what no other religious leader could have ever accomplished. He rose from the dead! Therefore, we can have the confidence to believe that God is able to do above and beyond what we can ask and think or expect (see Ephesians 3:20). Nothing is impossible for God (see Luke 1:37).
Dr. Jeremiah writes:

We may not see into heaven with our eyes, but we see the character of God through His Word and our songs of praise that proclaim His worthiness. We can hear Jesus remind us of the same things of which he reminded John: “John, I want you to know that things are not as they appear to be. I’m going to show you how things really are. I’m going to walk you into the throne room of heaven and show you genuine reality. Things are not out of control. Satan has not won. Evil has not triumphed. Peek through the door; get a glimpse of reality. God is on His throne, and such a sight will transform your heart and your mind forever.”

Hat tip: David Jeremiah.org

Advertisements

Tags: , , , ,

12 Responses to “The Big Game is Over…Now What?”

  1. gmpilot Says:

    For some people, the Super Bowl is an event, a livelihood, even—dare I say it?–a religion. But for most, it is just a game. It’ll be talked about today, and remembered for a week, and by Super Bowl XLIX only diehard fans will care.

    As for the other thing…
    Christians don’t know any more about heaven than non-Christians do, mostly because each religion (and each believer) has her own unique idea of what heaven is like. If I were a believer in Jesus Christ, I would agree that it might be very important to know all that we can learn about such a place. But for most Christians it means only one thing: it is not hell. I do not presume to know what your god might make of that.
    It’s been asked before; supposedly people receive perfect bodies there; perfect versions of their own earthly bodies, one supposes. Why would we need them? Ol’ John’s cracked tenor voice now becomes a manly basso profundo, praising glory to god, forever. Why?
    Will believers get perfect twenty-year-old bodies, or perfect eighty-year-old ones? After all, they will never fatigue, or age, or decay. Why would it matter what they look like? In popular depictions of heaven, people are always shown as being their age when they died; if this is true, heaven will be full of untold millions of infants and small children who will also never fatigue, or age. Most children can’t wait to get older and grow up, but there’ll be none of that nonsense in heaven!

    Will perfect bodies need food, and if so, what will they eat? Living organisms excrete waste; will there still be bathrooms needed in those celestial mansions, or will the residents of heaven excrete oxygen, or some other benign substance?
    Awareness of death gives urgency to everything we do, because we know that one day we’re going to stop doing it. But when one has all eternity to do something, why hurry? According to Peter’s timeline, Jesus left earth only two days ago. He probably won’t be hurrying back, considering how lousy his first visit was.

    The Bible says, “No man shall see [God], and live” (Exodus 33:20).
    Well, if Genesis 32 is correct (and it is, of course, being the word of god and all), then someone hasn’t got his facts straight. Note that those words are in the King James and some others, but not in the NIV. With all those editions and all that editing over the centuries, how much TRUTH™ is getting out to the people?
    “Our focus should be on God – not ourselves!” Wrong. Our focus should not be on a god who supposedly created us but doesn’t understand us. Nor should it be on ourselves. Our focus should be on each other. Most people focus on others only when they want something from them. When men realize that they enjoy similar things (like sports) and fear similar things (like death), then they begin to act humanely toward each other. It never happens any other way. Love does not come from a god, nor does mercy, or justice, or sympathy, because gods have no need for them. Only humans do.
    “That which you do not wish for yourself, do not do to another” was said by a Jewish rabbi a generation before Jesus, and the same was spoken by some Chinese guy more than 500 years before the Galilean said it. But do you need a god to tell you that?

    By the way, since you mentioned football: whatever became of Tim Tebow? Is he still playing in the big leagues, or can we expect to see him in the broadcaster’s booth soon?

    Like

  2. christinewjc Says:

    You make several statements, but you also ask a lot of questions. I haven’t had my coffee yet, so will do that and then return. But before I do, I must ask you if your questions are being posed because you really want the answers? Or, are they written just to bloviate your atheistic agenda?

    Like

  3. christinewjc Says:

    I’m glad to read that you agree that it might be very important to know all that we can learn about such a place. Unfortunately, previous pastors, Bible leaders, teachers, and lay people often do not have much information about heaven. Dr. Jeremiah’s work on the subject is the best that I have found [so far], precisely because he utilizes Scripture in correct context in order to inform us of what the Bible says about heaven.

    You asked:

    “It’s been asked before; supposedly people receive perfect bodies there; perfect versions of their own earthly bodies, one supposes. Why would we need them?”

    Answer:

    When Jesus resurrected from the dead, he rose with a perfect body. Recall the one that hung on the cross was scourged so badly it was hardly recognizable. However, the risen Christ still had the scars of crucifixion – an indication to the disciples exactly who he is and proof of his resurrection and worthiness to be The Lamb of God who lakes away the sins of the world. Thus, as was written in the post, He is worthy to open the scrolls at the end of the age.

    One reason we would need perfect bodies is because there will be a millennium on earth of 1,000 years where Jesus will reign. It is a “do over” of our existence on earth without the nemesis of sin.

    You asked:

    “Ol’ John’s cracked tenor voice now becomes a manly basso profundo, praising glory to god, forever. Why?”

    We praise glory to God through worship songs on this earth now. I can only explain through my own experience. For me, it is a reminder of what Christ has done for me [us] in taking the punishment for my [our] sins on the cross and reconciling myself [ourselves] back unto God. I love listening to my favorite worship songs while riding in the car. Often, a particular song will stay with me and be on my mind for days! For example, Mercy Me: Here With Me is one that I recently heard again (and love!); so it has been on my mind during the day, and when I go to sleep at night and when I awake in the morning. Love for God grows as the years go by. And music is a great way to celebrate, not only in church but always.

    You wrote:

    ” But for most Christians it means only one thing: it is not hell. I do not presume to know what your god might make of that.”

    You are probably right about that. In my Catholic upbringing, avoiding hell was often preached. However, the Catholic tradition [man-made] came up with a non-biblical concept called “purgatory.” It was supposed to be a hope that persons who don’t make it directly to heaven, will have a “holding place” where prayers of others could help them reach heaven. A nice idea, but it’s not truth.

    Hbr 9:27

    And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,

    The age question regarding children is open to speculation. Some writers have suggested that each person “reaches their peak of perfection around the age of thirty” and speculate that they will appear at the age of 30 in the New Jerusalem.

    We do know that when a child dies before the age of accountability, he/she is taken to heaven to be with Jesus.

    We know from Isaiah 11:8 that there will be infants and children in the Millennium: “The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole, and the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.”

    The Bible tells us that the curse of the earth that we now live under because of sin will not exist in the Millennium. And that verse in Isaiah gives us a hint of that.

    You asked:

    “Will perfect bodies need food, and if so, what will they eat? Living organisms excrete waste; will there still be bathrooms needed in those celestial mansions, or will the residents of heaven excrete oxygen, or some other benign substance?”

    Need to walk dogs. Will be back to help answer those questions.

    Like

  4. gmpilot Says:

    You wrote: “I must ask you if your questions are being posed because you really want the answers? Or, are they written just to bloviate your atheistic agenda?”

    If I ask questions, it’s because I want an answer. You have a history of not answering questions I pose, claiming ‘SOMEONE THAT IS LOST AND SIMPLY TRYING TO JUSTIFY THEIR REJECTION OF CHRIST WILL ALWAYS HAVE MORE QUESTIONS THAN YOU WILL EVER HAVE ANSWERS.’ But that’s how we progress: anyone who feels they have all the answers will stop asking questions. Answering them will help bloviate your Christian agenda.
    In any case, it shouldn’t matter either way to you. You are obliged to give your reasons, regardless of whether others accept them or not.

    Take your time: I won’t be back before evening.

    Like

  5. christinewjc Says:

    Well, I finally learned what code to use when I want to embed a video here in comments. Trouble is, youtube wants people to view it at their site. However, I’m getting an error message there. *sigh* Hope it works later.

    Like

  6. christinewjc Says:

    Continuing…

    In chapter 4 of “Revealing the Mysteries of Heaven,” the lesson entitled “The Ultimate ‘Extreme Makeover'” gives us insight via 1 Corinthians 15:35-49.

    The Bible makes it clear that believers will have corporeal bodies that are recognizable, but which are free from all the limitations of bodies on planet earth.

    Much more discussed in the chapter, but here are a few tidbits.

    Our bodies will be indestructible and identifiable (see 1 Cor. 15:42,43), they will be like Christ’s resurrected body (see 1 John 3:2).

    Jesus ate on at least two occasions (after resurrection – see Luke 24:42-43; John 21:12-13).

    Dr. Jeremiah writes:

    “It seems that the role of food changes from being a necessity to a pleasure. We won’t need to eat to stay alive because our bodies will be incorruptible. But we will enjoy the pleasure of eating just as Adam and Eve would have done in the Garden of Eden before they sinned.”

    The book of Revelation tells us of the reappearance of the “Tree of Life.”

    Rev 22:2

    In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

    Rev 22:14

    Blessed are those who do His commandments, [fn] that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

    When sin happened, we read that the earth was corrupted, too. Therefore, the need for disposal of waste products from our bodies was necessary. I would imagine that it would not be necessary with incorruptible bodies and a redeemed earth.

    Your next paragraph is evidence of the typical, GM convolution of thought regarding Jesus, his first visit to earth and the purpose for it; as well as your contempt for what He accomplished in that first visit.

    You wrote:

    “Awareness of death gives urgency to everything we do, because we know that one day we’re going to stop doing it. But when one has all eternity to do something, why hurry? According to Peter’s timeline, Jesus left earth only two days ago. He probably won’t be hurrying back, considering how lousy his first visit was.

    I will just answer your confused condition with Scripture:

    2Pe 3:9

    The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, [fn] not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

    Next, you wrote:

    “The Bible says, “No man shall see [God], and live” (Exodus 33:20).
    Well, if Genesis 32 is correct (and it is, of course, being the word of god and all), then someone hasn’t got his facts straight.”

    In Revelation, John was given a specific dispensation in order to view the appearance of God (see in original post). It was difficult for him to describe this appearance, but he did the best he could.

    Recall that Moses saw an appearance of God in the burning bush and heard His voice from heaven.

    This is a perhaps a topic suitable for a future blog post discussion, but I hope I have at least answered it briefly here.

    As for your last paragraph:

    1. Who are you to say that God “doesn’t understand us?” He is our Maker – our Creator. He understands each of us quite well. The weakness is evident in each person who doesn’t want to understand God.

    2. Love certainly comes from God, because He first loved us! All of the other attributes as well come from God. It is man who screwed up all that was good. Therefore, the God-man – Jesus – came to correct it all. The agape love of God trumps all other forms – and it also makes all other forms of love: erotic, brotherly, parenting, friendship, etc.; possible! Your “god” of evolution certainly cannot, and does not, attain such attributes!

    About Tim Tebow. He recently appeared on Good Morning America, in a commercial for T-Mobile (broadcast during super bowl) and I think I heard that he is doing sports broadcasting.

    I don’t know whether or not he will re-enter professional football. Maybe he will make a comeback some day…who knows?

    Like

  7. gmpilot Says:

    You claimed: “The Bible makes it clear that believers will have corporeal bodies that are recognizable, but which are free from all the limitations of bodies on planet earth.”
    ‘Corporeal bodies that are recognizable’–recognizable as bodies, or as bodies belonging to the person who originally lived in them?

    You also said: “Our bodies will be indestructible and identifiable (see 1 Cor. 15:42,43), they will be like Christ’s resurrected body (see 1 John 3:2).
    Jesus ate on at least two occasions (after resurrection – see Luke 24:42-43; John 21:12-13).”
    The passage in Luke describes Cleopas and his companion as not recognizing Jesus. His body must have still been morphing at the time (it might also have been due to their grief over recent events). In any case, he was not identified by them until during the meal, upon which he vanishes.

    Dr. Jeremiah writes: “It seems that the role of food changes from being a necessity to a pleasure. We won’t need to eat to stay alive because our bodies will be incorruptible. But we will enjoy the pleasure of eating just as Adam and Eve would have done in the Garden of Eden before they sinned.”
    Well, that’s a relief. Slaughtering untold numbers of livestock for people who won’t need to eat it would be such a waste.
    According to you,

    When sin happened, we read that the earth was corrupted, too. Therefore, the need for disposal of waste products from our bodies was necessary. I would imagine that it would not be necessary with incorruptible bodies and a redeemed earth.

    Everything else was created, but sin just “happened”? I won’t go into that now. But this feasting also seems unnecessary: perfect, incorruptible bodies wouldn’t need to excrete, because they’d never require such nourishment in the first place. No toilets needed in heaven, but no kitchens either.
    Remember a few years ago when I mentioned a discussion of heaven over at the RaptureReady site? All those good people had their own ideas of what could be done (and what they expected to do) once they got there…and not a one of them knew for sure. In heaven, as in so many other things, speculation is passed off as fact.

    You quoted 2Peter 3:9 to me, and I respond thus: If an all-powerful god does not want something to happen, it will not happen. If it is ‘not willing that any should perish’, then no one shall perish. Yet the bible makes it clear that most of humanity will indeed perish. Moreover, this same god is going to make sure those people DO perish! This is confusing, indeed. Stuff like this is why apologetics were invented.

    Genesis 32 disproves Exodus 33:20. It’s very hard to wrestle with someone without seeing him!
    You further disprove it by mentioning the passages in which Moses saw god. Not the burning bush—he only saw the bush—but god did allow Moses to see his ‘back parts”. John didn’t really see god either. He was describing what happened while he was ”in the spirit” (1:10), not what he actually saw with his eyes.

    Who am I to say that god doesn’t understand us? I’m just someone who doesn’t believe that your god exists—and something that does not exist can not understand. Understand?

    If love comes from this god, then so does hate, and the scriptures make plain that this god is both as loving and as vindictive as its followers were/are. IOW, god is a reflection of the society that worships it. This appears to be universal, but is especially true in followers of the Abrahamic religions. Evolution is not religion. Since you don’t really appear to understand evolution, I don’t think you’re able to claim what it can or can’t explain.

    Like

  8. christinewjc Says:

    GM asked:

    “‘Corporeal bodies that are recognizable’–recognizable as bodies, or as bodies belonging to the person who originally lived in them?”

    Dr. Jeremiah writes: “On the Mount of Transfiguration, Moses and Elijah were recognized by the disciples (Matthew 17:1-4), and Jesus said that in the kingdom “many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 8:11). It would be hard to sit down with Abraham if you couldn’t tell who he was!”

    Since you are having trouble with the eating part in heaven, recall that at the Last Supper when Jesus broke bread and passed the wine, Jesus said to “do this in memory of me.” After the Rapture, there will be another supper – the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. (See Revelation 19). All of this has spiritual significance, not just physical (eating) significance.

    About not recognizing Jesus at first. Remember, He had a resurrected body which is a spiritual as well as physical body. The point is, they DID eventually recognize Him because their eyes were opened and Jesus reminded them of what was spoken about Him by the prophets (and recorded in the Bible now.)

    GM wrote:

    “You quoted 2Peter 3:9 to me, and I respond thus: If an all-powerful god does not want something to happen, it will not happen. If it is ‘not willing that any should perish’, then no one shall perish.”

    Would you like it if God forced you to believe in Jesus and the Gospel? Besides, that’s not faith – that would be dictatorship. It is recorded in Scripture that, “without faith, it is impossible to please God.”

    Hbr 11:6

    But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

    Faith in Jesus Christ is what you refuse to have, GM. It can’t be forced upon you, or anyone else for that matter.

    About Jacob wrestling with a Man. David Guzik’s commentary tells us who the Man was, and is:

    “b. A Man wrestled with him: As the following verses show, this was no mere man. This is another “special appearance” of Jesus in the Old Testament before His incarnation in Bethlehem. This was God in human form.”

    Many of Jesus’ pre-incarnate appearances in the Old Testament are labeled as “The Angel of the Lord.”

    You can continue to disparage God, His Word, His Son, Jesus Christ, and “religion” in general, all that you want. That’s your free will choice. Just remember it is your choice to disbelieve. When you come face to face with God at the Great White Throne Judgment, you CHOSE to face him with your own sins upon your own soul. You won’t be able to blame anyone but yourself.

    Like

    • gmpilot Says:

      Dr. Jeremiah wrote, ”It would be hard to sit down with Abraham if you couldn’t tell who he was!”
      I’ve never seen an actual picture of Abraham. I’ve seen pictures of what people believe he looked like, but he may not have resembled them. So unless someone told me “that’s Abraham, over there,” how would I know? Moses probably didn’t look much like Charlton Heston, I’d bet.

      I have no trouble with the eating part in heaven, now that you’ve answered it. As for the Last Supper, that was a physical Jesus eating a physical meal. I have no trouble with that either. The Marriage Feast has yet to happen, so I’m not concerned.

      Would you like it if God forced you to believe in Jesus and the Gospel? Besides, that’s not faith – that would be dictatorship.
      Oh, you mean that whole Egypt thing? Or this solemn promise? Between you and me, these sure sound like the words of a dictator. The only reason those people weren’t forced to believe in Jesus is because he didn’t yet exist.
      Youre absolutely right, forced faith isn’t faith at all. So why did/does this god like using force so much?

      It is recorded in Scripture that, “without faith, it is impossible to please God.”
      …Faith in Jesus Christ is what you refuse to have, GM. It can’t be forced upon you, or anyone else for that matter.

      Faith in Jesus Christ is what I don’t have, hostess. People have a right to refuse something if it fails to deliver on its promises. If you believe that ‘faith can’t be forced’, then you are more moral than your god, who seems to think otherwise.
      It is also recorded in Scripture that Jesus promised his followers drinking poison would not harm them. But few believers are willing to show faith in that.

      About Jacob wrestling with a Man. David Guzik’s commentary tells us who the Man was, and is:

      Many of Jesus’ pre-incarnate appearances in the Old Testament are labeled as “The Angel of the Lord.”
      I don’t have the credentials of Mr. Guzik, but I can read. And NO edition I read says that Jacob wrestled with Jesus. Not by name. If he had, I think the text would have said so. These ‘pre-incarnate appearances’ smell like editing after the fact. Jacob said he saw god ‘face-to-face’. Who you gonna believe—a holy man who claims that no one looks upon god and lives, or another holy man who actually wrestled with god? Which one, and why?
      Your book, your belief, your problem.

      You can continue to disparage God, His Word, His Son, Jesus Christ, and “religion” in general, all that you want. That’s your free will choice.
      I didn’t know I needed your permission. Sorry.

      Just remember it is your choice to disbelieve. When you come face to face with God at the Great White Throne Judgment, you CHOSE to face him with your own sins upon your own soul. You won’t be able to blame anyone but yourself.
      Yes, it is. Assuming that what you say is TRUE, then I will take the blame for what I did. I will NOT be responsible for someone else suffering on my behalf. I wouldn’t do it in school, and I won’t do it now.
      Why would your god have to wait until I’m dead to convince me that it’s real? Even a god can’t make a dead man change his mind.

      Liked by 1 person

  9. christinewjc Says:

    FYI to readers here. This should be interesting!

    Before Its News: Science VS Christianity, Bill Nye VS Ken Ham: The Great Debate LIVE 7PM EST (Live Feed)

    4 pm my time. Hubby is cooking tonight so I will be watching it! 🙂

    Like

  10. Cry and Howl Says:

    Hey Christine! Just thought I’d stop by for a short visit. My ADHD doesn’t allow me to read through the comments on this one, just a hair lengthy for moi.
    Rini works just part-time for Rachel’s Hope, which is non-profit little re-sale shop in Burleson. It’s part of the Burleson Pregnancy Center which encourages pregnant women to not have abortions and if/when they carry to term, supports the women in various ways.
    Anyway, the four or five days a week she doesn’t work she carrying her little iPad all over the house listening to David Jeremiah. I’m sure she’s familiar with the above.
    Well, I’m at work and I probably should do something around here. Take good care and visit when you can.

    Like

    • christinewjc Says:

      Rini is a smart lady! I have found that those who watch Dr. Jeremiah’s sermons learn a lot! I know that I do!

      What a blessing it must be for Rini to work for Rachel’s Hope. If more women saw the 3-D sonograms of their unborn babies, more women would choose life for them – even if they decided to put their babies up for adoption!

      Yeah…I’ve been busy replying to GM’s bloviating. He isn’t really looking for answers, but I hope that others who come here and read discover some wonderful information about God, Jesus and the Bible!

      Will be busy the next three days, but will get back to blogging on Sunday.

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: